Your Favourite Cross?

Always favoured collie blooded lurchers, until i saw a beddy cross scenting, so now run a beddy grey x collie grey trying to get the best attributes of both types of dog, and shes worked out pretty well. My other dog is a 2nd cross saluki whippet lightning fast take off and shes the best ferreting dog ive owned 30 yarders we called them because very little got further than that.Horses for courses though and depends on what your hunting. YIS KIC

Edited by keepitcovert
  • Like 1

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

out the few iv seen work over the years the ones that stood out all had good amount of saluki in the mix

Saluki x saturated should and is capable of taking what ever quarry is in front of it, All the madam about teeth and bottle is fairy tail stuff if the blood used is the right blood. it will do the jo

I think the type of dog that physicaly fits the type of work and type of land you require it to work is a good place to start, all lurchers should have drive and decent nose etc, horses for courses as

What's your favourite cross for a lurcher?

I have four that I like, shame I couldn't have all of them to compare

Whippet greyhound

Bedlington whippet

Bedlington greyhound

Bedlington whippet X greyhound

I know smooth hair is harder to come across with the bedlington, but that would be a nice bonus

I cannot decide between the Collie/Grey or a Beddy/Grey as my favourite lurcher,id not own either yet they are my favourites,it may make sense to some.

Deerhound x mostly laid back but my next dog would be first x collie grey I've never owned a collie cross but worked plenty of collies and my next dog I would like too get it trained to a higher standard then my other dogs too the point of being able too take it on a beating line and not have the dog running off chasing deer or hares and a dog that will work in water and actually listen and have actuall brains I do like the deerhound x are fine but deffo not the smartest beasts in the world

I think the type of dog that physicaly fits the type of work and type of land you require it to work is a good place to start, all lurchers should have drive and decent nose etc, horses for courses as they say. If you were starting fly fishing you would not go out and buy a beach caster.

No id buy a Collie /Grey,there is nothing that they are not nearly capable of,mine caught 47 bluebottles on the lamp in less than an hour.

My favourite cross would be a VC or a GC followed by the one with the fella with the beard on lol

Dog wise I would have a bit of every mutt mentioned in this thread = Bitza

Complete with Street cur for those iner city fox :)

As long as it works ......

ATB