Cookland Deerhounds Lurchers

And I suppose worker to worker always produce top dogs then?

No not at all there is good and bad in all lines,but I can pretty much guarantee the dogs from working lines that don't make the grade won't be bred from?Its pot luck buying pups/ dogs from a line of dogs that has never worked for decades and how do you know they are going to hold up with all the wear and tear from a working life. A peddler is in it for the money and nothing else.

Edited by MickC

I love them have one but now I got my razor x Kim bitch I don't think I'll have another as they are different class but I love my big dog best family pet ever put him in field with lamp and he turns on to be a good pot filler

And I suppose worker to worker always produce top dogs then?

No not at all there is good and bad in all lines . But it's pot luck buying pups/ dogs from a line of dogs that has never worked for decades and how do you know they are going to hold up with all the wear and tear from a working life.
i get what your saying. But a dog that's worked will pick injuries up regardless, some dogs end up lucky some don't. That's my opinion on it. I don't know of one dog that's not had a good few injuries , feet, cuts, tears, ligaments etc. just part in parcel of working a dog I think.

I don't own a Hancock btw, but know one fella who's had over ten, and few others that have them too and all do as they want. Obviously some better than others but like you say it's the chance on whatever you buy, atleast with Hancock u don't get any supprises I suppose.

Edited to add, not just Hancock but platts etc that breed a type.

Edited by Somewhereyournot