Sandwiches

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A bit of a London thing for Sunday nights a winkle sandwich lovely

Hot salt beef mustard and dill pickle handsome , funny but no butter on this ?

Wigan butty....pie on a barmcake

Posted Images

My favorite is Birds Bakery crusty cobs with plenty of salted cornish butter, red Leicester cheese thickly sliced topped with loads of thickly sliced strong white onion.......mmmmmmmmmmm

But i have just had crab sticks on Hovis.....loverly...not forgetting the strong white pepper

I'm a bit old fashioned when it comes to sandwiches. Cheese and pickle, ham and cheese, beef and mustard. That sort of thing.

My mrs makes sandwiches out of anything. The other night she made one out of cold shepherd's pie. I've seen her make one out of the gravy from yesterday's stew. Ham and peanut butter is one of her favourites. :bad:

Is she an animal or do I need to broaden my horizons? :hmm:

Not an animal, just a bit of the bogtrooter in her coming out :D

Try bacon, brie and cranberry sauce, nom nom!

Knocks 10 bells of shit out of the dripping butties we had as kids lol

Cheers, D.

nowt wrong with dripping ye soft southern shandy drinking bxstard :laugh:

• Like 2

Cold pheasant with cranberry or caramelized oinion or cold chicken and mushroom pot noodle .... not a sandwhich but my ex Mrs would dip Orange segments in mayonnaise . :bad:

Dad always called sugar sarnies shit and sugar :laugh:

Edited by kanny
  • Like 1

Cold pheasant with cranberry or caramelized oinion or cold chicken and mushroom pot noodle .... not a sandwhich but my ex Mrs would dip Orange segments in mayonnaise . :bad:

Dad always called sugar sarnies shit and sugar :laugh:

Some northern kids can relate to this,whenever we used to ask our man what was for dinner (lunch) or tea (dinner) she always came back with the not very original answer "Shit with sugar on".
  • Like 4

My grandad ate dripping sandwiches religiously for work... The wife also likes them.. I can't bring myself to try them

We used to almost fight as kids to see who could mop up the fat from the frying pan with a chunk of bread,I don't think I could stomach it nowadays though.

I used to help out two sheep farmers in the Wicklow mountains, father and son, and they used to have arguments over who's turn it was to clean the pan with a few slices of bread.

Both were around 6' 3" and as skinny as bean poles.

I'm a bit old fashioned when it comes to sandwiches. Cheese and pickle, ham and cheese, beef and mustard. That sort of thing.

My mrs makes sandwiches out of anything. The other night she made one out of cold shepherd's pie. I've seen her make one out of the gravy from yesterday's stew. Ham and peanut butter is one of her favourites. :bad:

Yeh I do the Shepards pie one,,,but warm ,,it melts the butter on the bread

I used to work with a lad,,,that liked slices of pork pie on sarnies....

My fav,,is tuna mayo on French stick,,,,or cold roast beef,,with salt and pepper ,,only butter on the bread

My grandad ate dripping sandwiches religiously for work... The wife also likes them.. I can't bring myself to try them

We used to almost fight as kids to see who could mop up the fat from the frying pan with a chunk of bread,I don't think I could stomach it nowadays though.

I used to help out two sheep farmers in the Wicklow mountains, father and son, and they used to have arguments over who's turn it was to clean the pan with a few slices of bread.

Both were around 6' 3" and as skinny as bean poles.

My dad used to call it dip... "get some bread and come and get some dip"

He once got a job lot of reject pork scratchings with not salt on, he went up to the butchers and got a sack of salt and we all sat round licking pork scratchings and dipping them in the salt.

No surprise he died of a heart attack really.

• Like 1

I totally understand savoury stuff with other savoury stuff or sweet with sweet, but sweet with savoury is just wrong. As wrong as greasy cold gravy.

Seems a lot of us had sugar in our sarnies as kids. Amazing we've got any teeth. :D

Well you have totally contradicted yourself ,,,,first post you said you like cheese and pickle,,,well that's savoury and sweet ya fanny....

Bet you like pork and apple sauce,,,or ketchup or brown sauce on bacon buttie,,,,,I bet I could go on,,,lol....

One of the nicest Meals you could eat ,,is the way marocans do lamb ,,slow roasted with herbs and apricots figs ect,,,,it's beautiful

• Like 1

got yourself a good en there walshie if she knocks up toasted bacon n beetroot sarnies shes a keeper

Edited by green lurchers