11 Years Tomorrow Since The Hunting Ban Came In

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That fat bird as you put her was a bastion of field sports and deserves the greatest of respect a true heroine in my book.

How can this ban have worked when 1000s of hares have been shot on the big coursing estates ,and as stated , a lot of young lads have got themselves a bull x , and decided to start lamping etc as when

The realisation of it hit me on the last day of the waterloo cup a sadder than sad day that was.

Posted Images

How can this ban have worked when 1000s of hares have been shot on the big coursing estates ,and as stated , a lot of young lads have got themselves a bull x , and decided to start lamping etc as when somethings banned its " more exciting " , hence the game is so now on top as it is , if they had any brains they would have licensed hunting and made it more " acceptable and monitored " but then again it was never about animal welfare , it was a misguided class war !!

• Like 10

There is a misinterpretation of the word sport, our opponents accuse us of killing animals for sport, where in reality the word sport refers to the sporting chance of a dog catching the hare, and the equally sporting chance of old puss showing the dog a clean pair of heels, and is infact an acknowledgement to both sporting animals

Edited by low plains drifter
  • Like 5

i can only find info up to 2014, up to 2014 there was 430 prosecutions

how many of them prosecutions were from running dogs?

And what did they amount to?

Was talking to one lad who were caught doing the worst thing possible and reacted in the worst way possible, and ended up with suspended sentence, couple hundred CSH,and about a 400 quid fine. Kept the dogs too.

IMO that's a slap on the wrist for what they did lol

i don't know what the split is with it pal, you would guess a big percentage is from running dogs, mind you don't get me wrong the ban hasn't made no difference to me really as I've never had no proper permission, I've been pulled on the road with dogs in the car by the police 3 times this season, been to the police station to mitigate myself once, and had the police to my house 3 times, all just on suspicion, not been arrested or charged or anything at all, sometimes its just to ask what my car was doing in certain place etc?? what a waste of tax payers money and police time, I've got a few mates who have had cars and dogs took recently though.

i don't know what the split is with it pal, you would guess a big percentage is from running dogs, mind you don't get me wrong the ban hasn't made no difference to me really as I've never had no proper permission, I've been pulled on the road with dogs in the car by the police 3 times this season, been to the police station to mitigate myself once, and had the police to my house 3 times, all just on suspicion, not been arrested or charged or anything at all, sometimes its just to ask what my car was doing in certain place etc?? what a waste of tax payers money and police time, I've got a few mates who have had cars and dogs took recently though.

A well drafted letter to the Chief Constable with a copy to the Police commissioner and your local MP. complaining about harassment and the waste of taxpayers resources. Would any other citizen be victimised on suspicion of walking a dog in an area where an offence may or may not have been committed by some one else historically.

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 2

got an asbo last time i went to court banning me from lincs and cambs entering either with dogs was in lincs at the time but still got banned from cambs asbo for two years and a nice fine jeff capes was on the bench wasent very happy about previous and not takeing the court seriously