Falconry Books And Some Other Questions.

Lutra Lutra

Hello all readers,

Hoping life's treating everyone just fine. Just a very short message of words. Are there any Falconer's who have read, or got in their collection any of J.G. Mavrogordato's books? Also another good book is by John Loft, an experienced falconer who has flown with great success the Sparrow hawks; and his book is called A Merlin For Me. It would be a pleasure to hear from falconer's who have an interest in such books, and to any budding collectors.

Many thanks, Lutra....

P.S. Any other titles would be of great interest

to myself who just loves books.

'The power of the pen is an almighty tool.....

• 3 weeks later...

I read his classic a hawk for the bush as a kid flying spars it really fired me up, I read every book I could get my hands on about falconry or hawking,quite old fashioned when I look back on them classics,as the falcon her bells,a treatise on hawks and hawking,etc,still have a few of them,WM

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Hi. I have a very large collection of falconry books , and birds of prey about 500 in all [god knows what I will do with them as I get older] J.Mavrogordato are a great read , there is a lot more good prints if you can get a copy, These are good reads I have them all and signed ,A Manual for Hawking L.O Broin. Understanding Goshawks, D.A.Perkins. Gamehawk . Gamehawk Field and Moor. Turner and Haslen. All My Life with Hunting birds, L.De Bastyai. The Hawking of Japan. Shortwingwdhawks, E.W. Jameson. Good luck.

• Like 1

Hi. I have a very large collection of falconry books , and birds of prey about 500 in all [god knows what I will do with them as I get older] J.Mavrogordato are a great read , there is a lot more good prints if you can get a copy, These are good reads I have them all and signed ,A Manual for Hawking L.O Broin. Understanding Goshawks, D.A.Perkins. Gamehawk . Gamehawk Field and Moor. Turner and Haslen. All My Life with Hunting birds, L.De Bastyai. The Hawking of Japan. Shortwingwdhawks, E.W. Jameson. Good luck.

That is a nice collection Dave.

There are some very good books that you mention.

Though I have been told Perkin's Understanding Goshawks isn't up to much, though I have never read it.

I think that some of the older books are of much more use to the beginner than some modern ones.

Cheers