Digging Kit

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I take some bread crusts or something like that. I throw them down the hole so the dog goes in. Won't go in otherwise, and then I put shovel behind him. He has to find another way out then and hopef

Bog roll

That's what trouser and shirt pockets are for, they're not a fashion statement, they're an essentiall piece of kit.  Try two pairs of socks, wipe your arse on one of them, tie them around a branch an

Posted Images

Bit of kit I take with is a forked stick with pice of string tied across the two prongs very useful for getting fox out of tube to despatch or scruff if it sat back a bit push stick up tube fox strikes at it then twist stick and string tightens round top muzzle then draw back to shoot or scruff also seen it done with a net on a stick a couple of times but forked stick been good to me a few times.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::lol::lol::thumbs: always one aint there :yes:

in hind sight my reply looks off! thats supposed to mean i like the idea !!!!!

Think its called a mattock? Axe head one end and small shovel blade on the other,my german pal brought it over for me as a gift when I picked a terrier up until he could collect,always a builders bucket and rope,first aid kit,eye wash for dogs,water,all important bog roll (got a draw of odd socks like dilly lol)head torch,various size shovels (5 in all)small bar and long grafter,spare collar (old 15ft knocker box and collars if bell man fails)flask of Yorkshire tea,penicillin and sharps in case dogs in the box when giving another a go.atb dc

• Like 1

Think its called a mattock? Axe head one end and small shovel blade on the other,my german pal brought it over for me as a gift when I picked a terrier up until he could collect,always a builders bucket and rope,first aid kit,eye wash for dogs,water,all important bog roll (got a draw of odd socks like dilly lol)head torch,various size shovels (5 in all)small bar and long grafter,spare collar (old 15ft knocker box and collars if bell man fails)flask of Yorkshire tea,penicillin and sharps in case dogs in the box when giving another a go.atb dc

The mattock really is a great tool, dig with it 'til you meet the mother of all roots, turn the head head around and chop through the root.

BUT, after 4 or 5 feet they're hard to use effectively . The new forks are as good if not better and when you meet the mother of all roots take out the folding saw.

One piece of equipment I always thought would be effective but I could never get that much of it was TNT.

Think about it, a ten foot hole in 2 minutes and maybe your terrier and quarry took out of the hole for you (and maybe your digging buddy if he was still in the dig when you shouted "fire in the hold".).

Believe it or not, my father used to be able to get TNT in the local hardware store if they wanted to blast a new well or quarry on the farm.

They just signed for it but that ended when the troubles started in the North in the late 60s.

• Like 2

I have a bit of cable(the same stuff that supports wooden electric poles,i just asked the workers who were putting up new poles one day for a bit and they gave me it :thumbs: ) like the scandinavians use,it's about 8 ft long with just a few centimeters frayed at the end and a little u bolt clasp to stop it unwinding to far.Just push it into the shot quarry if it's a bit of the way up a tube and twist and it grabs hold of the fur and out it comes with out the hassle of getting on your knees and crawling up a tube...

• Like 2

The mattock really is a great tool, dig with it 'til you meet the mother of all roots, turn the head head around and chop through the root.

BUT, after 4 or 5 feet they're hard to use effectively . The new forks are as good if not better and when you meet the mother of all roots take out the folding saw.

One piece of equipment I always thought would be effective but I could never get that much of it was TNT.

Think about it, a ten foot hole in 2 minutes and maybe your terrier and quarry took out of the hole for you (and maybe your digging buddy if he was still in the dig when you shouted "fire in the hold".).

Believe it or not, my father used to be able to get TNT in the local hardware store if they wanted to blast a new well or quarry on the farm.

They just signed for it but that ended when the troubles started in the North in the late 60s.

they are just Semtex experts up here Neil, biggest one I remember was when they flattened the forensic labs and half of newtownbreda fs, think it was a 2000lb black cat haha
  • Like 1

they are just Semtex experts up here Neil, biggest one I remember was when they flattened the forensic labs and half of newtownbreda fs, think it was a 2000lb black cat haha

When I think about my post now I realise that to put TNT into the hands of terriermen would be silly.

Even though the likes of Frank Buck were well known for their expertise in freeing trapped terriers with it could you imagine it's use nowadays.

You'd have some little bitchy faggot up the road hear that you said his terrier was no good or that you put up a more gruesome photo on ArseBook than he did and BOOM he blows your f***ing house up :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: .

• Like 5