Larger Hunting/bushing Dogs

roybo

Don't ask me why but I've never been a collie fan probably because of them barking their hearts out everytime I'm somewhere I shouldn't be lol.and getting nipped on the way through farm yards.

And a few poor lurchers I've witnessed .

But 1 collie x Springer out marked the lads Springer's by a long way and way rock steady at ratting . And was a real character.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My brother in law had 2 gwp x harrier bitches a few years back they were great in heavy cover and good tounge, one was killed on the road hunting a fox we took the other bitch on when she was about 10

These two are ok.     But I reckon this could be a good one. . . . .  

Cracking looking bitch  

Posted Images

My jrt is 10 inches and suits the ground I work tight ditches mostly that's the only thing I'd change bout her size wish she made bigger bitch now I hunt a lot more it's her only down fall to me .I'm not lying she's an evil little cnut kill anything pups the lot keen as he'll . Can't help think if she was bigger could do a lot more . Digging etc she'll drop in any were but I always stop her because of the go in her I no she'll get killed on me genuinely as I seen bunnies pull her along ... she's a keeper tho .... yes I'd rather bigger busher . Patt x cocker. Parson x

• Like 1

Crikey Ideation, that bottom photo is the spitting image of my tiny kelpie bitch Scout...even looks like the same collar...I thought I'd posted a photo while drunk! Not that she looks like that anymore though as she's nearly nine and is almost black and white rather than black and tan.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Iv got an Italian spinone, got a cracking nose on her will trail like a hound n yaps when it's in sight, stands at 24"tts but will get in any cover on scent. Very head strong and You can tell there was a lot of hound in this breeds makeup, but very sensitive, if you gave it a tap it will never forget. Have thought about puttin a smaller dog even a Russell or beagle Russell over her to bring the size down a lot.

• Like 1

ni

Iv got an Italian spinone, got a cracking nose on her will trail like a hound n yaps when it's in sight, stands at 24"tts but will get in any cover on scent. Very head strong and You can tell there was a lot of hound in this breeds makeup, but very sensitive, if you gave it a tap it will never forget. Have thought about puttin a smaller dog even a Russell or beagle Russell over her to bring the size down a lot.

nice dogs,i used to know someone who had 2 crossed with gwps ,superb dogs and very biddable

Any pics fella?