Rats Love Killing Them

Merlin21

Last night killed my 20th rat , these are just the ones that have been visiting my chicken coop and helping themselves to the chicken feed . I find it so satisfying shooting these horrible creatures especially when they're costing me money ... i was using the hw 100 kt .177 to dispatch them but recently i've put the photon on my fx 2000 .22 and it does an equally great job of killing them .

Me 20 rats 0 :thumbs:

• Like 1

Good shooting! Rat shooting is one of the best forms of airing hunting - Fx2000 is a top gun too!

I love it great bit of sport , and such a horrible and hated quarry as well .. had my fx 2000 for years i'll never sell it . hoping to get fac one day then i can tune it and add it ..

Shooting Merlin :good:

.177, .22, or 303 bullet shot in the head the rat is dead :yes:

Remember shooting a 303 in air cadets as a very small 14 year old , first time i ever shot it scared the life out of me and bloody hurt like hell . we were shooting 10 rounds and i only shot about 3 and said no more lol ..but once i had a few tips about how to hold it properly i enjoyed it then , we used to lie prone to shoot it and 10 rounds would push me back about 18 inches to 2 foot lol .. must have only weighed about 6 stone then i was a real small kid ...

Don't the .20 or .25 work then?

The .25 in 12 ft lb is virtually useless, except many rate it as a superb ratter.

:thumbs:

Virtually ? "Useless" is much more like it !

I`ve watched rats "dodge" .25 on you tube hunting channels :no: and the shooting lads soon swapped over to .177 :yes: .

:snack: atb

• Like 1

Don't the .20 or .25 work then?

The .25 in 12 ft lb is virtually useless, except many rate it as a superb ratter.

:thumbs:

Virtually ? "Useless" is much more like it !

I`ve watched rats "dodge" .25 on you tube hunting channels :no: and the shooting lads soon swapped over to .177 :yes: .

:snack: atb

Edited by Rimfireboy!