Leaving The Eu

The biggest thing that always bugged me about the farming sector is why we are not growing are own food and selling are own here and exporting the rest that's not needed when you start too hear stories of us exporting lamb but we bring in lamb from the likes of nz is the daftest shit I ever heard I can understand why we would need too import grain and such and the price varies so much depending on the crops from other countries but why the supermarkets are not buying as much from brittish farmers and importing shit is beyond my thinking of being greedy and always wanting a better price but could it have an astronomical effect if brittish farmers were too get paid a fair price instead of getting subsides I think us as the people would end up footing a higher food shopping bill

I once read that we only have the land mass required to feed a population of 25 million.

Britain can feed herself but meat might be a luxury!!!

• Like 1

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"We will never join the Euro" - it was never going to happen. Never, ever an issue !"No involvement in "ever-closer union" - we've never had any and have been exempt since Thatchers days ! "Opting ou

Careful what you wish for, I live in central Scotland and come in contact with a broad section of people, regardless of wee Kranky and snp's claims I don't know anyone who would now vote for independe

Posted Images

The biggest thing that always bugged me about the farming sector is why we are not growing are own food and selling are own here and exporting the rest that's not needed when you start too hear stories of us exporting lamb but we bring in lamb from the likes of nz is the daftest shit I ever heard I can understand why we would need too import grain and such and the price varies so much depending on the crops from other countries but why the supermarkets are not buying as much from brittish farmers and importing shit is beyond my thinking of being greedy and always wanting a better price but could it have an astronomical effect if brittish farmers were too get paid a fair price instead of getting subsides I think us as the people would end up footing a higher food shopping bill

I once read that we only have the land mass required to feed a population of 25 million.

Meat is a luxury for many at the moment anyway.

Unless of course we're counting McDonalds and all the processed shit on supermarket shelves as meat.

We buy a lot of produce from non EU countries, most of it is even flown to Britain and is still affordable. So I do not see what the problem is. Israel, S Africa, Egypt, are just some of the countries we get our food from, but most of that food is what we would class as out of season for this country.

TC

with the wet weather we are having i'm not to sure we could grow enough veg, cereal,even the good old tattie dosent like the wet so we would have to buy in which would be costly as in they will still do business but at a price

as us in Britain import more goods then other eu countries, such as cars and other luxury items surely they need to sell these items to us or they mite find there in trouble lol

with the wet weather we are having i'm not to sure we could grow enough veg, cereal,even the good old tattie dosent like the wet so we would have to buy in which would be costly as in they will still do business but at a price

Rubbish, Britain is under producing for potatoes, next year will be worse there will be deficit of potatoes grown, simply because production over the last two years has exceeded demand and the price had dropped to a point where the farmers were not getting the return they wanted.

There is even trading in potato futures. http://www.farming.co.uk/prices/potato_futures/

TC

• Like 2

Ireland is producing more than all the food Britain could eat every year......so it's total bollocks to say Britain can't feed itself.......what they mean is that it can't keep itself in Strawberrys in January and fish from f***ing Vietnam !!!

Stop buying shit you don't need, but local and seasonal and there is no problem at all !

• Like 8

surly the money we give then a day or week whst ever it is will cover the cost

That is an incredibly narrow view, does it not occur to you the only reason the EU want us IN is because we have more to offer, than they have to give.

They will not stop trading with us, but so what if they did, there is a big world out there that does want to trade with us, but at the moment EU trade agreements make that harder being in the EU than out of it.

• Like 2

Vote out of Europe.then we should vote to see if we want to keep the sweaty socks part of the UK always banging on about independence let's give it to them.

not all.of scotland want independence but with attitude like that we'll

Why don't we just move the border a bit further North, then everyone who wants Independence can have the top bit, and those that don't can have the bottom bit, but we keep all the oil of course regardless!

:laugh::thumbs:

Edited by Deker
  • Like 1

i was mearly pointing out one of the ways we may not be so selfefficent not solving the in or out question nor was i trying to persuade anyone to vote to stay in the EU, as you say deker their are many countries who will trade with us but as i say it will be at a price, my personal view is to vote to leave but i believe if we vote out then it will be a fairly long time till all the ties are cut, ps .. i am old enough to remember britain before it was in the COMMAN MARKET and the EU, i am also one of the many scots who voted no to independence because i believe in a strong britain.

• Like 2

Ireland is producing more than all the food Britain could eat every year......so it's total bollocks to say Britain can't feed itself.......what they mean is that it can't keep itself in Strawberrys in January and fish from f***ing Vietnam !!!

Stop buying shit you don't need, but local and seasonal and there is no problem at all !

tell that too the millions that live in Britain don't think any one pays attention hell that Jamie Oliver has been saying it for years but it's the big super markets that need too buy it and display it that's one of the biggest problems I see in this country even with the likes of pork every packet of bacon has a Danish stamp these days how many times has any one even botherd too look at were the stuff there buying comes from
  • Like 2