Need A Bit Of Training Advice.

Just try popping it back in her mouth and as soon as it's in there start praising her.... Over and over again until she realises dummy in the mouth means praise :) then start taking a few steps away from her and call her into you and build it up that way. Once you feel she is over spitting it out start some basic marked retrieves again nice and close.

• Like 2

Just try popping it back in her mouth and as soon as it's in there start praising her.... Over and over again until she realises dummy in the mouth means praise :) then start taking a few steps away from her and call her into you and build it up that way. Once you feel she is over spitting it out start some basic marked retrieves again nice and close.

This. But like has been said, take it slowly. Shouldn't be doing too many retrieves, anyway. I like to add a "hold" command when popping the bumper back in. Soon you can say "hold" as the pup approaches as a reminder. This is also a good time to introduce a release command. I use "give".

• Like 1

This. But like has been said, take it slowly. Shouldn't be doing too many retrieves, anyway. I like to add a "hold" command when popping the bumper back in. Soon you can say "hold" as the pup approaches as a reminder. This is also a good time to introduce a release command. I use "give".

Yes I forgot to mention the above I also give a command but it use take and leave. Good luck with it mate it takes a while going through the same process with one of mine at the minute.

Good advice already given. The pup is at that awkward age where they just want to test you on things you thought you had perfect. Ensure you always finish a training session on a positive even if it's just a sit stay or recall. It's only a pup and everything will come right, so don't stress.