Bedding

Just after some opinions on what to use as bedding. Iv got a metal pen with roof with an insulated dog box. The box is really a bit big for 1 dog so im going to seperate it a little to stop the draft but dont know weather to just use carpet for the floor and walls as iv got plenty left over from the house or is there anything else i could use?

Thats for the reply im going to try some of the scented chopped straw stuff gaz mentiond iv got a large animal food supplier close by that has allsorts of stuff im going to have a look later for it.

It's not for everyone. But it suits me and my setup.

The shredded paper was the best I've ever used but it ended up getting dragged out of the kennel and was finding it all over the garden, it found its way everywhere. Front garden, in the motor. Was finding it for months.

This chopped straw seems to stay in the kennel better. They don't eat it. It's very absorbent, warm and can go a couple of weeks before it needs changing.

Try it. Only way to find out if you like it or not.

Thats for the reply im going to try some of the scented chopped straw stuff gaz mentiond iv got a large animal food supplier close by that has allsorts of stuff im going to have a look later for it.

It's not for everyone. But it suits me and my setup.

The shredded paper was the best I've ever used but it ended up getting dragged out of the kennel and was finding it all over the garden, it found its way everywhere. Front garden, in the motor. Was finding it for months.

This chopped straw seems to stay in the kennel better. They don't eat it. It's very absorbent, warm and can go a couple of weeks before it needs changing.

Try it. Only way to find out if you like it or not.

We have this type of stuff at work , scented with eucalyptus.. We have chopped straw and chopped straw/shavings mixed .. Its £6.50 a bale and id say you get 3-4 change of beddings from a bale so works out pretty cheap imo