Hello From Holland

Hi,

I am Dutch and live in the north of Holland. I am a great fan of Scotland and a keen PCP shooter and bushcrafter.

I would like to do some pigeon and rabbit hunting in Britain with my own PCP 0.25-27ft/lbs and wonder how to go about it. In Holland this gun is free of licence. But hunting with a PCP is forbidden.

Si Pittaway mentioned this forum in one of his youtubes so I thought lets see what he is writing. Now I'm in I see he is banned from this forum. Would anybody know why?

Gerard

Lets get one thing strait he is not banned he ask,d for his account to be deleted

and if your rifle is over 12flb it needs to be fac over hear

if you all ready have a uk fac then im sorry for the comment

and welcome to the nut house

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Good to hear he asked for it him self. The term banned under the avatar is confusing though :huh:

When I would need a fac for it in the Netherlands it would not be a problem I suppose. In that case I could convert the dutch fac in to a international fac for travelling with the gun. Problem is I will not get a fac for a gun that does not require one. Maybe I could get a fac for a .22LR and let my PCP register to this licence, or would it be possible to apply for a fac in brittain directly form Holland?

Hello there Hooger.

True enough you need a Firearms Certificate issued by the UK Police covering the area in Britain you wish to visit. You will not be allowed through UK Customs with your rifle unless you have the licence. You will need this as well as written permission from the UK Landowner to present to UK Border Authorities as part of your proof of valid reason to bring a licenced firearm into the UK. You could have your rifle confiscated if you do not have the paperwork to support it.

I'm saying this because, if you do not need a Firearms licence for your 25+ ft/lb air rifle in Holland, you will likely not have a valid certificate to use it here in Britain.

You need to contact the UK Police Firearms Office that covers the area of your shoot here for the best advice as to how to proceed.

All the best and good luck.
Simon

• Like 1

Your best bet I would say would be to leave your rifle at home and try and hook up with someone over here who has FAC air and go out with them ... easiest way round your predicament imo .... and welcome to forum.

Edited by kanny

Your best bet I would say would be to leave your rifle at home and try and hook up with someone over here who has FAC air and go out with them ... easiest way round your predicament imo .... and welcome to forum.

Shooting someone elses rifle is not my thing. I think I would rather opt for buying a sub 12Ft/Lbs so I could keep using my one scoop and practice with it over here.

Shooting someone elses rifle is not my thing. I think I would rather opt for buying a sub 12Ft/Lbs so I could keep using my one scoop and practice with it over here.

Welcome aboard

I think this would be your best option, to have a sub 12ft/lb here is much much easier and still a good hunting tool, just ask the guys on here.

Phil

• Like 1

Welcome aboard

I think this would be your best option, to have a sub 12ft/lb here is much much easier and still a good hunting tool, just ask the guys on here.

Phil

Theres your answer for you and a sub 12 can be just as good as a fac air

these were shot using sub 12 rifles

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

post-63400-0-13893500-1455872330_thumb.jpg

post-63400-0-67367300-1455872368_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

That's what I was thinking, well said.

Hi,

I am Dutch and live in the north of Holland. I am a great fan of Scotland and a keen PCP shooter and bushcrafter.

I would like to do some pigeon and rabbit hunting in Britain with my own PCP 0.25-27ft/lbs and wonder how to go about it. In Holland this gun is free of licence. But hunting with a PCP is forbidden.

Si Pittaway mentioned this forum in one of his youtubes so I thought lets see what he is writing. Now I'm in I see he is banned from this forum. Would anybody know why?

Gerard

Hello Gerard, Whereabouts in the Netherlands do you live?