Good Patterdale Breeders In The North

who is breeding the best patterdales in the north these days? i used to have the odd ratting day with my dad, he had some brilliant smooth coat patterdales, we done the odd dig too. haven't tried it since i was a nipper tho, and was thinking i would like to take it back up.

thanks for the reply mate. My problem really is that I'm returning to hunting after a lot of years, so i don't know anyone who does it now, and i wouldn't know where to start looking for the hunt... or where to find a nutall. i see lots of ads on the web for patterdales, but i don't want to fall at the 1st hurdle and get the wrong dog. I've kept, bred and trained working bulldogs (alapaha blue bloods) for years, so training a terrier i think i could turn my hand to... but apart from my dads patterdales from when i was a nipper, i have no experience with working terriers. any suggestions where i could start to look would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

To get a nuttall pup phone him, he will happily sell ya a pup, last I spoke to him he said there's a couple of bitches he's waiting to line. just don't ask if the pup is "old" nuttall stuff cause he just has a 10 minute rant, he sounds like a top bloke when I spoke to him mate and I am sure a few boys who have had pup if him will give u there opinions. ATB DC

• Like 3

My mate took one from him last year. She's a tiny little bitch. Keen as mustard don't think she will have any problems starting, she's hammering the rats and done a few other bits. She will only be around 11 inch if that and she's very slight in build.

They alot smaller than his stuff from early 90's and before imo.no pup is garenteed no matter the breeding or name behind it,pay your coin and take your chance,like it's been said get out follow local hunt?,keep your mouth shut,listen and learn and you may get lucky pal,plenty out there can talk the talk and willing to sell you a dream.hope you find someone genuine and get sorted,if your serious about it then maybe offer to do some work,help someone out and in return you could land on your feet.atb dc

• Like 2