Joshua To Fight For Title

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think this is the wrong move for Joshua,its refreshing in some ways that he has the " its just a fight " attitude rather than holding him back years for the right time but as an individual fight i j

I like aj but what a joke the ibf are.. Stripping fury of the belt and now a 16 fight man who hasn't really fought anyone gets a title shot against a joke of a fighter in Martin.. Eddie must have seen

Make no mistake this is a very brave move to take this fight at this stage of his career as its a difficult fight for Joshua technically.....his faults play into the hands of a southpaw.....for a punc

Getting back to the Real world,

This is what Eddie had to say,

theres two main things I took from that interview A.hearns a smarmy twat

B.joshuas team didnt want the fight.

Wrong it was C

With josh sitting next to him do you think that?

Hearn has a sense of humour that I like and others don't understand.

As Eddie said josh and the team have and do have the final say.

Wrong it was C

you just must be smarter than me then cos I just took it as hearn appealed to ajs ego, whats aj goin to say? That hes afraid he,ll lose? The fact he wouldnt give whyte any credit shows hes not the type to admit to a chink in his armour and whats his trainer going to say to aj after he,ll of been building his confidence for the last 3 yrs or so? That hes not good enough. The smarmy comment was light hearted hes likeable as far as smarmy southerners go and hes obviousley good at what he does. he put this fight to them in a way it couldnt be refused, he basically says so himself, hearns a promoter/salesman its what he does. Your right in one thing and thats that ultimately aj has the last say and no-one connected to aj will want to step away from the golden goose at this stage so whoever controls ajs mind at this point is calling the shots, whose your money on to be one smart and charasmatic enough to influence aj the boxing trainer or the well heeled millionaire with a silver tongue?

Boxing doesnt change through the years a man is still a man and a fight is still a fight but what has changed massively is the way boxing is marketed i truly believe theres things sports fans shouldnt know and theres just too much info available these days whether its through social media or all these silly interviews that are done.....its great to have clarity but you talk to so called boxing fans these days and many of them dont know anything about boxing as a sport or what takes place between the ropes.......it always tickles me when you hear fans talk about " the casual fans ".....whats a casual fan ?......years ago you would hear blokes in a pub talk about an upcoming fight and the debate would be how one is going to beat the other,promoters didnt get a mention yet today the fight itself barely gets a look in.....Eddie Hearn is a numbers man he doesnt know anything about a fight yet he gets more coverage than virtually anyone in British boxing......he isnt doing anything that Frank Warren,Mickey Duff,Mike Barret,Jarvis Astaire etc etc didnt do before him........its just they did things behind closed doors.......never lose track of what sport is about and for fans of boxing its about one on one competition inside a boxing ring.....the rest is for people inside the sport not fans.

Wrong it was C

you just must be smarter than me then cos I just took it as hearn appealed to ajs ego, whats aj goin to say? That hes afraid he,ll lose? The fact he wouldnt give whyte any credit shows hes not the type to admit to a chink in his armour and whats his trainer going to say to aj after he,ll of been building his confidence for the last 3 yrs or so? That hes not good enough. The smarmy comment was light hearted hes likeable as far as smarmy southerners go and hes obviousley good at what he does. he put this fight to them in a way it couldnt be refused, he basically says so himself, hearns a promoter/salesman its what he does. Your right in one thing and thats that ultimately aj has the last say and no-one connected to aj will want to step away from the golden goose at this stage so whoever controls ajs mind at this point is calling the shots, whose your money on to be one smart and charasmatic enough to influence aj the boxing trainer or the well heeled millionaire with a silver tongue?

Blimey

Where did all that come from!

I personally think it's a bit too early for AJ , he is the best prospect about and hit's hard .. but whyte wobbled him allthough he came through it well .. i haven't seen martin fight . can't wait to watch it though .. britain is the place too be for boxing . we've never been so strong .. love it ...

Make no mistake this is a very brave move to take this fight at this stage of his career as its a difficult fight for Joshua technically.....his faults play into the hands of a southpaw.....for a puncher like Joshua the golden rule is not to load up unless his left foot is on the outside,yet with footwork as slow as he currently has and the lack of head movement to create the gaps to get there i cant see this fight going more than 3 or 4 rounds if ever a heavyweight fight could be described as the first one to land wins then this is it.....that said the last thing a southpaw wants to see is big straight right hands coming at him so both guys represent a danger to each other which should make for an exciting little shoot out....lets hope we see another British world champion.

• Like 3