Joshua To Fight For Title

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think this is the wrong move for Joshua,its refreshing in some ways that he has the " its just a fight " attitude rather than holding him back years for the right time but as an individual fight i j

I like aj but what a joke the ibf are.. Stripping fury of the belt and now a 16 fight man who hasn't really fought anyone gets a title shot against a joke of a fighter in Martin.. Eddie must have seen

Make no mistake this is a very brave move to take this fight at this stage of his career as its a difficult fight for Joshua technically.....his faults play into the hands of a southpaw.....for a punc

I like aj but what a joke the ibf are.. Stripping fury of the belt and now a 16 fight man who hasn't really fought anyone gets a title shot against a joke of a fighter in Martin.. Eddie must have seen something that has made him go for broke in the whyte fight?

• Like 4

I like aj but what a joke the ibf are.. Stripping fury of the belt and now a 16 fight man who hasn't really fought anyone gets a title shot against a joke of a fighter in Martin.. Eddie must have seen something that has made him go for broke in the whyte fight?

gotto play by the rules if you wanna be at the top. Ibf had a mandatory fight for the belt.

just goes to show the power hearn got by greasing palms ,this con was worked as soon as tyson won the titles the IBF stripped him of their title and straight away two nobodies get to fight for it ,just one big con trick ffs .john fury from the outset said what a crooked bstard hearn was and hes right

A title there for the taking if martin is as poor as everyone says not watched him fight. Looked at his record good ko percentage 6ft 5 southpaw looks to have fought limited opposition the same as aj who i hope will win.

Hearn said AJ would not be fighting for a World title until 2017,now hes got him matched up to fight for one in two months time ??? Like s.e.s.k.u says I think Hearn has seen something thats making him want to cash AJ in now,no easy fights once your Champion (unless your called wilder) so no going back for AJ if he does win this fight. I do think he will beat Martin however .

I think AJ,s going for it cos the hw division, from nowere is suddenly the most exciting division in boxing and aj and his team want a slice of the pie. How great for british fight fans if he wins! All we need now is wilder to fight haye, what a time for british boxing possible 123 in the hw division!

• Like 1

just goes to show the power hearn got by greasing palms ,this con was worked as soon as tyson won the titles the IBF stripped him of their title and straight away two nobodies get to fight for it ,just one big con trick ffs .john fury from the outset said what a crooked bstard hearn was and hes right
a traveller crying at being ripped off by a crooked bstard??? As John Lennon sang instant KARMA lol.
  • Like 2

Martin isn't a problem for aj. It's when he wins the folk that will be coming after the belt.

who is there really if he can put haye off a yr or so

Luis Ortiz the undefeated Cuban and no 1 ranked WBA interim Champion is more than a match for any active Heavyweight .

Edited by MickC
  • Like 1

I think this is the wrong move for Joshua,its refreshing in some ways that he has the " its just a fight " attitude rather than holding him back years for the right time but as an individual fight i just dont think 8 weeks preparation for a tall hard hitting southpaw is long enough......Joshua is a big raw kid with faults that need time to iron out,even if he wins you cant then go back to domestic level so will them faults ever be addressed........its a sign of the times sadly where the promoter has more weight than the fighter and trainer combined.

• Like 5

I think this is the wrong move for Joshua,its refreshing in some ways that he has the " its just a fight " attitude rather than holding him back years for the right time but as an individual fight i just dont think 8 weeks preparation for a tall hard hitting southpaw is long enough......Joshua is a big raw kid with faults that need time to iron out,even if he wins you cant then go back to domestic level so will them faults ever be addressed........its a sign of the times sadly where the promoter has more weight than the fighter and trainer combined.

Would the desicion not rest with the fighter/trainer in the end? If you can see that AJ still needs a bit time and is a bit raw with things I'm sure his trainers will see this also. Would that be classed as bad management if he was to loose the fight.?

• Like 1