How long did you let it dry, the regular 3 years or.....

a proper Shillelagh :victory:

It took about 10 year to getting around to doing that stick so it got 10 year to dry out. Ive a few more in the shed that still need doing from about 10 years ago aswell. I just finish them off as somebody comes along that needs a stick and I pull one out to suit the person and finish it of for them and gift it to them.

• Like 3

Nice gesture Ray, should bring you a visit soon ! :thumbs::laugh:

its mad how it has went. I got a load of the sticks years ago thinking id make up a few and sell them. sure I ended up giving them away along the way. Ive still a few partly finished lying around the shed just waithing on a visitor to see one of my own sticks and say thats lovely id love one of them.

• Like 1

Not much blackthorn bushes around here (so no Sloe-gin either :cray:) most of my sticks are made from hazel, so when I see a genuine blackthorn I get excited.... :tongue2::D

havent had alcohol in a long time, the sloe berries I like to pass onto the green horns and see there face cringe when they bite into one. sure if your ever in Dublin let me know. It wouldnt take long to finish one of the partly finised ones of.just measure you and put a ferrule on the end of it

• Like 1