Lurcher Dam.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good luck with your search,,,,it's good to know what you want,,,,   But I will say this ,,I think it's a bit much that you want to tell the owner of the bitch,,,,to only keep 6 pups on,,,I would tel

His great grandmother ventured forth with me on a tatty picking trip into South Wales,when tatties were £2 a sack picked,i spent a while in romany company and getting £7 a week extra on the dole becau

get straws and then you can wait till the right bitch comes along.

If in doubt line to a greyhound...!

Offers nothing but pace
And prey drive
I don't want to turn Mortons thread into the pros and cons of using a greyhound ....the breeding in his dog do not lack pace and certainly don't lack drive in fact a lot of this type have not grown old due to that fact

sometimes you need to do what you have to do ..to keep the blood going and if you are 100% sure the dog is worth breeding from at it young age .....how many lads have lost dogs in the field and wished they had bred from them .

ATB with your search mate

Edited by MIK
  • Like 4

Offers nothing but pace
And prey drive
I don't want to turn Mortons thread into the pros and cons of using a greyhound ....the breeding in his dog do not lack pace and certainly don't lack drive in fact a lot of this type have not grown old due to that fact

sometimes you need to do what you have to do ..to keep the blood going and if you are 100% sure the dog is worth breeding from at it young age .....how many lads have lost dogs in the field and wished they had bred from them .

that's the exact reason we used tigger at a young age because penny was getting on and tigger could have died at any time .so I can understand were morton is coming from.
  • Like 1

Are there no sisters,nieces,aunties floating about? probably not otherwise you'd have been sorted no doubt. Could you not use his dam? Inbreeding i know but needs must i suppose. Regardless ,hope you find a suitable bitch.

Are there no sisters,nieces,aunties floating about? probably not otherwise you'd have been sorted no doubt. Could you not use his dam? Inbreeding i know but needs must i suppose. Regardless ,hope you find a suitable bitch.

I know of an Auntie to him and am trying to persuade the owner to put a litter through her,anything else is either dead,to old or ive no contact.Im on the look out for a pup yet Deerhoundy/Collie lurchers are thin on the ground and genuine bred-uns are scarcer still,im set on that type of breeding as it as served me well enough for many a decade.The major factor is the dog itself,id prefer a pup with him in the mix,i rate him and my lad won,t give him back.

Offers nothing but pace
And prey drive

His lurchers have definitely got pace I have worked with one for the last 2 or 3 seasons very good pot fillers

Good luck with your search,,,,it's good to know what you want,,,,

But I will say this ,,I think it's a bit much that you want to tell the owner of the bitch,,,,to only keep 6 pups on,,,I would tell you ,that's not your decision ....

• Like 7

Good luck with your search,,,,it's good to know what you want,,,,

But I will say this ,,I think it's a bit much that you want to tell the owner of the bitch,,,,to only keep 6 pups on,,,I would tell you ,that's not your decision ....

The breeding throws large litters,6 is enough for the bitch and to source decent homes for.I understand were you are coming from and its possibly something i should have left to discuss with any prospective breeder.Anybody that wanted to leave a full litter of say 9 or more id not use their bitch.