Well after 5 coats of paint and weeks to cure I finally filled up the pond today. Toke a couple of hours and some fiddling with the filter box to get the flow right but it's all finished. I will be leaving it for a few more weeks to get the water right with ph and other things. My pal rocked up Saturday to do some more brick work to keep the Mrs happy so she could put some plants in lol

1079DDD9-916F-4694-8063-E71C7337E2E7_zps

4A806082-674E-4D4C-9BFE-11A790AB3D24_zps

55050033-B2EA-493F-BDEB-6199360935E7_zps

• Like 10

That looks spot on mate.are you not tempted to slap some beef dripping on your frame.slam a pair of speedos on and take a dip lol.

• Like 2

That looks spot on mate.are you not tempted to slap some beef dripping on your frame.slam a pair of speedos on and take a dip lol.

Pmsl it's tempting but feck its cold hahahaha

Thanks for the compliments folk :thumbs:

• Like 1

Be Intreating to see in a few weeks when the algae has settled in I doubt it would stay that blue for very long unless your emptying and cleaning every week swimming pools sides stay blue do to the amount of chemicals in them however sometimes a blue liner can make the water look quite Aqua when the green algae takes over

Be Intreating to see in a few weeks when the algae has settled in I doubt it would stay that blue for very long unless your emptying and cleaning every week swimming pools sides stay blue do to the amount of chemicals in them however sometimes a blue liner can make the water look quite Aqua when the green algae takes over

Wouldn't be a pond without algae. Water as been in for a week and still looks ok time will tell

Wouldn't be a pond without algae. Water as been in for a week and still looks ok time will tell

That's true Is it the pond paint you used

• Like 1

Would them cold water algae eaters survive outdoors?

No as I tried them in mine

Good job on the pond Jeppi

• Like 1

That's true Is it the pond paint you used

Yes mate 5coats only 5ltr and I bought 10ltr for £150 lol

Test pH before adding fish mate and take advice on that from where you get them .Be good to see pics of fish in that pond bud

• Like 2

You can get good kits from most aquatics that will test ph and amonia nitrate gh kh etc best to keep the water in check regually as its about keeping good water quality with that comes healthy fish

Thanks guys the bloke I get my tropical fish from dose free water testing just take a jug full to him and he will do it :thumbs:

• Like 2