I ad the water tested Monday and the Hp was a tad hight so got advised to do a 25% water change leave it a couple of days and have it tested. So then I toke a sample back Wednesday morning and alls good so I was at dronfield yesterday and picked up some nice grade A koi as well as some top advice on koi what and not what to do I would highly recommend them to anyone who are after koi. There was some nice 20 to 25" koi good quality fish but the price wow £1500 I will just get the 4/5" koi please mate hahaha

40D4E80F-8EB3-4738-BAA3-EEAAF6A2AE8E_zps

There's two in this picture the kids picked grade B koi

A1F87B1E-B1E8-4BBE-A86E-BD6C2D80807D_zps

• Like 7

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well after a long Wait a good brickie mate ad a free weekend to get a start on my pond after a week delay lol looking good up to now should be finished tomorrow fingers crossed if not net weekend. Can

Well after 5 coats of paint and weeks to cure I finally filled up the pond today. Toke a couple of hours and some fiddling with the filter box to get the flow right but it's all finished. I will be le

Well mate called back to finish of the brick work and put the toppers on and I cracked on with the corner seating looking good if I do say so

Posted Images

And what great weather to be sitting out enjoying the fish and pond...spot on

I was yesterday mate sank afew beers then fired the bbq up hahaha. Not today tho mate sister as time my youngest to Yorkshire wildlife park so me and the oldest lad is out on the bikes today love it pal

• Like 2

Don't be tempted to stock up the fish too fast.you have to allow filters to mature with good bacteria if you stock too fast ammonia will go through the roof resulting in dead fish.Good luck with everything pond looks very nice.also you could hang planter baskets over the side if you wanted more weeds.

• Like 2

id be putting a pagoda style frame over t hat to keep the herons off it doesn t look like you d get away with poking the 12g out the window at 6 in the morning

Good point. There buggers round here for the fish..

Don't be tempted to stock up the fish too fast.you have to allow filters to mature with good bacteria if you stock too fast ammonia will go through the roof resulting in dead fish.Good luck with everything pond looks very nice.also you could hang planter baskets over the side if you wanted more weeds.

Thanks mate. There's only 10fish in and that's all I am putting in tbh. It's the Mrs that's wanting more lol keep telling her no but it's like talking to the kids hahaha

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After having a load of mosquitoes in the water butt I put a few goldfish in there and they did fine for a couple of years, even tried to spawn regularly but the hot weather this summer did them in. They've always been fine with the regular water changes off the shed roof but there wasn't enough this year. I've upgraded to an ibc tank a couple of weeks ago and put a fountain pump in for a bit of oxygen. The water was going really cloudy though so I've knocked up a biological filter using the water pump in a plastic drum and some home made filter media. Cost so far for a 1000 litre pond is 25 quid for the pump.

20180821_191641.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
13 hours ago, Our team said:

Over stocked. Bet you lost. Aot. 

It looks like a fish farm?? 

Not lost none up to now touch wood,keep on top of them not much can go wrong,that’s only a fraction of the pond ??