It would shift the required amount of water but I would be wary, its not a brand I am familiar with and only offering a 30 day warranty. If I were you I would go for a known brand. You wont pay much more for one that size anyway. I had a blagdon pump and ran it for 2 years before I moved house. Then r old man had it and he has had it 2 years now no issues. Think mi father had a hozelock before that and it did 12 years.

You Barnsley way on rex? Have you heard of a place called Viscuum water gardens at Hickleton. That used to be really good little family run business and very helpful be worth a visit for you, tho I have heard he has got more into the tropical and marine side because it isnt seasonal trade like garden/koi ponds are. You wana have a chat wi Paul if he is about. short guy bald head probs about 40ish. Its his place.

• Like 1

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well after a long Wait a good brickie mate ad a free weekend to get a start on my pond after a week delay lol looking good up to now should be finished tomorrow fingers crossed if not net weekend. Can

Well after 5 coats of paint and weeks to cure I finally filled up the pond today. Toke a couple of hours and some fiddling with the filter box to get the flow right but it's all finished. I will be le

Well mate called back to finish of the brick work and put the toppers on and I cracked on with the corner seating looking good if I do say so

Posted Images

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=222045419476&alt=web

Something like this. with my blagdon pump I got a flow restrictor so in winter I could slow it down. that is important with a bottom drain because there is no other way of restricting flow. i.e. with an in pond pump system you can move the pump to a different area or onto a marginal shelf so you are only circulating a certain area of the pond but you cant move a bottom drain...if that makes sense!

Have you got any pictures of your old pond mate?

they are all on mi laptop that the misus has broke! I am guna get them extracted and get some up on here. it was my pride and joy. 16ft x 16ft square down to 5ft deep in middle. I took a lot of pride in keeping the water crystal clear. Be careful mate, it can soon become an obsession. One day you fancy a pond next minute you are measuring nitrites and nitrates in the water 3 times a day to see how daylight affects it!!! Im no expert either.

• Like 1

Won't you need a pump to cycle the water through the filter tho?

No mate it's all gravity fed so should be no need for pumps

you'll still need to pump water on a gravity fed system, to create a flow
Thanks for the heads up pal but your too slow lol :thumbs: it's your old age mate. How's things?
  • Like 1

Have you got any pictures of your old pond mate?

they are all on mi laptop that the misus has broke! I am guna get them extracted and get some up on here. it was my pride and joy. 16ft x 16ft square down to 5ft deep in middle. I took a lot of pride in keeping the water crystal clear. Be careful mate, it can soon become an obsession. One day you fancy a pond next minute you are measuring nitrites and nitrates in the water 3 times a day to see how daylight affects it!!! Im no expert either.

My other half is the same with the fish tank in the house she's alway checking water temps and the condition of the water so she has her hands full now lol it's her that wanted it tbh I am just putting it together for her lol

Won't you need a pump to cycle the water through the filter tho?

No mate it's all gravity fed so should be no need for pumps

you'll still need to pump water on a gravity fed system, to create a flow
Thanks for the heads up pal but your too slow lol :thumbs: it's your old age mate. How's things?

sound mate, my last koi pond was just over 5000 gallon

cost me a small fortune, heated, sand filters the works

thinking of moving if I do i'll do another one

• Like 2

That's some size pond Bert. I didn't want to go too big to start with if am honest mate rlass wanted it where th seating area is aswell that would have been 16ft X 6ft would have been nice and looked well tbh. But if she looks after this one good maybe I could make it to the size she wanted but that would be many many years away lol

That is a beast of a pond albert! Mine was about 8000litres I think and that was too big for the garden really!!! Proper job aswell if heated and sand filters.

Ive had a look in mi shed rex and I dont have filter or pump anymore. There is a UV light you are welcome to if you want it. its about 3ft long tube do a good job for your pond. Not sure how you incorporate it in a gravity fed system though?

That is a beast of a pond albert! Mine was about 8000litres I think and that was too big for the garden really!!! Proper job aswell if heated and sand filters.

Ive had a look in mi shed rex and I dont have filter or pump anymore. There is a UV light you are welcome to if you want it. its about 3ft long tube do a good job for your pond. Not sure how you incorporate it in a gravity fed system though?

just put the pump in the last chamber or if its inline put it after the the filters but before the uv

don't put the uv before the filters

• Like 3