Your Definition Of A Lurcher

A dog of mixed breeding with at least a bit of sighthound in there.

Must chew feck out of the kennel as a pup.

Never listens to commands.

Fecks off as soon as it's off the lead.

Chooses when and what to run.

Loves livestock.

Yapps when it does decide to give chase.

Jacks when it feels like it.

Retrieves, no fecking chance, fecks off and eats the catch.

Oh aye, pisses the bed.

Sure I've missed more.

• Like 2

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't forget rolling in fox/badger shit with special attention to collar buckles   Cheers, D.

In my personal current experience there are 2 "types" The first being roughly 23kg bundle of "I'll kill what I can when I can" The second roughly 20kg of "I'll kill what he's killing but make far le

A lurcher a cur of unknown breeding , Usually several crosses that throw a wide spectrum of dogs varying in coat, height and colour and ability. One thing they invariably have in common are owners tha

A dog of mixed breeding with at least a bit of sighthound in there.Must chew feck out of the kennel as a pup.Never listens to commands.Fecks off as soon as it's off the lead.Chooses when and what to run.Loves livestock.Yapps when it does decide to give chase.Jacks when it feels like it.Retrieves, no fecking chance, fecks off and eats the catch.Oh aye, pisses the bed.Sure I've missed more.

Don't forget rolling in fox/badger shit with special attention to collar buckles :D

Cheers, D.

• Like 5

A dog of mixed breeding with at least a bit of sighthound in there.

Must chew feck out of the kennel as a pup.

Never listens to commands.

Fecks off as soon as it's off the lead.

Chooses when and what to run.

Loves livestock.

Yapps when it does decide to give chase.

Jacks when it feels like it.

Retrieves, no fecking chance, fecks off and eats the catch.

Oh aye, pisses the bed.

Sure I've missed more.

Tote, we've never met but you seem to know my dogs very well....

Matt

In my personal current experience there are 2 "types"

The first being roughly 23kg bundle of "I'll kill what I can when I can"

The second roughly 20kg of "I'll kill what he's killing but make far less effort to break a sweat and do it far more efficiently"

Both being conducted/ignored by portly bloke in the middle of a field/wood pleading with em to come to back to the whistle!

Matt

• Like 4

A dog of mixed breeding with at least a bit of sighthound in there.Must chew feck out of the kennel as a pup.Never listens to commands.Fecks off as soon as it's off the lead.Chooses when and what to run.Loves livestock.Yapps when it does decide to give chase.Jacks when it feels like it.Retrieves, no fecking chance, fecks off and eats the catch.Oh aye, pisses the bed.Sure I've missed more.

Pisses the bed... Feck me, nearly forgot about that one! My first ever lurcher was an expert at this trick.

We (kids) leave back door open, whippet lurcher makes a wild eyed, excited dash upstairs. Jumps on parents bed, gets even more excited and pisses all over it!

The nasty act usually found late at night by mothers hysterical screams, followed by fathers death threts.

Once in a while she (the dog!) was caught in the act and a lurchers true calling of twisting and turning at speed was seen in all its magnificent glory as it negotiated feet and fists from the bedroom to the street by a crazed father in 70's slip on's..! Though, many a time the said same lurcher fell foul to a smack in the arse from that slip on, hurled at high speed up the street...

Ya gotta love the cunning of them 70's lurchers and more so them lurcher owners... ;)

a running dog of mixed breeding i.e. whippet or greyhound crossed with other working or inteligent breeds, a dog with the hunting ability to put a bit of venison or few rabbits hares or ducks pheasants or chickens in the bag throughout the week, pinch a few veg fruit or herbs while while your out and at least if your dogs any good your not going to starve to death

? If the dog ain't able to put a joint in the oven or the some meat in the slow cooker it ain't no lurcher,saying that all you need to do them jobs is a woman!! Haha

• Like 2

A lurcher a cur of unknown breeding , Usually several crosses that throw a wide spectrum of dogs varying in coat, height and colour and ability. One thing they invariably have in common are owners that can bull shit as good as any fisherman. On the plus side most are capable of catching and finding a bi tof food now and again :laugh: usually on the table or in the bins, they are past masters of selective deafness, give years and years of happiness and heartbreak in equal measures love or hate them not many dog lads will be without one for long.

• Like 3

A lurcher a cur of unknown breeding , Usually several crosses that throw a wide spectrum of dogs varying in coat, height and colour and ability. One thing they invariably have in common are owners that can bull shit as good as any fisherman. On the plus side most are capable of catching and finding a bi tof food now and again :laugh: usually on the table or in the bins, they are past masters of selective deafness, give years and years of happiness and heartbreak in equal measures love or hate them not many dog lads will be without one for long.

Sounds just what I'm after DB do you know for any up and coming litters.

• Like 1

I thought we was on about lurchers not Salukis lol :);)