Who Is The Craziest Lurcherman On Thl?

hunted a real lot , bred good dogs to do the job and trained them to do the job , made nets since kids traveld to the u s a several times to hunt allsorts couresd all over and caut thousands of game hare roe , rabbits had, terriers dug several years , had ferrets 35 plus , done plenty, but had the money and time to do plenty ,not just hunting, fishing for wages commercail , still make my own nets , lobster traps gill nets ,its not just hunting its breeding the dogs to do the job , being ablr to be knowedgble at the game in hand ,

some people have the intelegince to take more in , in the feild , no diffrent from the pool hall, fishing boat and some have knowledge and ability thats what makes a good hunter ,i can look at a feild or along a beach at low tide and spy areas were there fish game , and being a bit game for it helps , if your succseful in life it should carry on with you hunting fishing if you have grew up at it and be round the [BANNED TEXT] men who are at the top of there game ,

• Like 5

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thing is some people live and breath hunting its there way of life and hats off to them they want to be the best at their game and obviously want to be talked about! Don't get me wrong I love the dogs

Birds a bit crazy he cuts the ears if the rabbits before feeding them to his dogs so they dont know thier rabbits

One of your better posts Matty ?,fair play to you,you've stuck at it unlike many ,its when times get tough,dogs killed,caught somewhere perhaps you shouldn't of been or with something you shouldn't of

One of your better posts Matty ?,fair play to you,you've stuck at it unlike many ,its when times get tough,dogs killed,caught somewhere perhaps you shouldn't of been or with something you shouldn't of had,had to pay the piper in fines,loss of gear,when your on rock bottom,when everything around you is falling to pieces,marriage,relationships,family & so on,young dogs turn out piss poor or moderate at best etc,like Rew said,holidays,family time etc all put on hold..if you wake up in a morning and continue on with the process of walking,training,feeding,cleaning whatever mutt you have,spending what money you have on the dogs & equipment to get you back out there doing all you know & love when all the world seems against you,you know your in neck deep in this hunting game,i can vouch for all the above,i regret nothing as at the time i thought it right & proper..i know some of my mates quit the game at the 1st obstacle they came to,that was their prerogative & probably a sensible thing to do,me,well im addicted to lurcherwork..i ache like a bitch with my knees,back,hips,wrists whilst out but we keep on keeping on,we know no other life..this will be it until the end i guess? I know lads on here no different to i,there are worse things in life to do..enjoy your hunting,it may not be around forever ?

• Like 11

Is this thread about who lads think is the craziest or who's arses lads want to suck the most..

Nothin good or clever about bein crazy lol can just get you in bother best to try n be normal if poss, but in this game unless just out for the pot none of us aint wired up right to be fair..

Edited by dodger
  • Like 5

ive had my tough times but always manged to shake them of , had dogs die on me in the feild all sorts dogs taking of me, got them back, all sorts but been clever to breed and make sure most of the pups are been in good homes , so there always good blood about , , i went as a youngster ran with the men who were winning and it carried on from there plus having good local knowledge ,its blending the [BANNED TEXT] mix part courser part hunter , and useing the time and knowledge to learn , and dont show to many other people things, as you get to many boomerangs at times , keep it close and keep stoom when it gets tite ,but be one step in front ,

its been one helluva party ,as they say ,

• Like 1

ive had my tough times but always manged to shake them of , had dogs die on me in the feild all sorts dogs taking of me, got them back, all sorts but been clever to breed and make sure most of the pups are been in good homes , so there always good blood about , , i went as a youngster ran with the men who were winning and it carried on from there plus having good local knowledge ,its blending the [bANNED TEXT] mix part courser part hunter , and useing the time and knowledge to learn , and dont show to many other people things, as you get to many boomerangs at times , keep it close and keep stoom when it gets tite ,but be one step in front ,

Nothin different to most lads that have been keen on over the years..
  • Like 2

ive had my tough times but always manged to shake them of , had dogs die on me in the feild all sorts dogs taking of me, got them back, all sorts but been clever to breed and make sure most of the pups are been in good homes , so there always good blood about , , i went as a youngster ran with the men who were winning and it carried on from there plus having good local knowledge ,its blending the [bANNED TEXT] mix part courser part hunter , and useing the time and knowledge to learn , and dont show to many other people things, as you get to many boomerangs at times , keep it close and keep stoom when it gets tite ,but be one step in front ,

Nothin different to most lads that have been keen on over the years..
took the words out my mouth should change the title to who's thinks they are better lol
  • Like 4

dog does a lot of the work ,but its up to the master to schooll him properly and get him in the best place to make the kill for him to gain confidence , especailly on large feilds were the dogs got to realy try on a hare , saw lots of dogs spioled by over matching young dogs on good winter hares , rabbits to near cover theyl soon sicken ,, and its up to the man to have the intelegence to rate a pup , when my very good dog rex was young he flushed his first hare 9 months flushed roe 11 months , and never looked back all winter day or nite , lana was the same but had some that you had to work more with, to get them going , to a good standard , it should always be up to the man unless mistakes what the dogs doing, look at the amount of young dogs for sale spoiled etc , over ran , out gunned , on good winter hares etc

Is this thread about who lads think is the craziest or who's arses lads want to suck the most..

Nothin good or clever about bein crazy lol can just get you in bother best to try n be normal if poss, but in this game unless just out for the pot none of us aint wired up right to be fair..

your deff right about not wired up right, :thumbs: my wife thinks I am nuts walking around fields at 3 am , with a dog who is as nuts as me dragging me about at my age, she said when you going to grow up feck knows :D , yeh we strange lot lurcher folks lol

• Like 1

your deff right about not wired up right, :thumbs: my wife thinks I am nuts walking around fields at 3 am , with a dog who is as nuts as me dragging me about at my age, she said when you going to grow up feck knows :D , yeh we strange lot lurcher folks lol

Yeh i get accused of that, but wouldnt have it any other way who wants to be a miserable sod.

Yeh i get accused of that, but wouldnt have it any other way who wants to be a miserable sod.

:thumbs: true, dogs lift you up when your down :yes: ive been very down this week with few health things, but I always pick me self up when I see my 2 lurchers chasing tree rats, they love doing it :D