Newry Stag Hounds

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

load of horse shite , stupid cnut they see thousands of sheep , and he couldn't judge a situation correctly , sheep will huddle at anything , but I put a million pound they weren't worry sheep as for

The guy sounds like a c**t. May he have a shitty lambing and always be looking over his shoulder. . . . .

If this is a cross section of so called hunt support then god help you .This man is protecting his lively hood whether hounds were intentionally attacking or just being a nuisance .Most of us here rel

Now I know you lads in the UK use different terms to us Irish lads, but by rioting do you mean actually hunting sheep? As in following their line and giving tongue? I have seen a lot of things in my 30 odd years hunting but I have never seen hounds actually hunt sheep. If I did my advice would be go home for the shotgun and bring back plenty of cartridges. However I have seen at first hand two hounds leave the pack and actually attack sheep. Both hounds were closely related which makes me think the tendency to attack might run in a line, as no other hounds we had ever turned their head at sheep. One hound was actually third season and had hunted through sheep many times. The other was first season. I was up with the first season hounds when he went for the sheep, I got in right beside him and whacked him 3 times with my walking stick and it was only on the third time that I got him turned. It was like he had decided on blood and he was not that worried about me. Thankfully he did not do any real damage but that was the end of his career. We were lucky on both occasions that the rest of the pack was rock steady and hunted on. I have heard of other incidents where one hound has turned on sheep and other young hounds have followed with awful results

• Like 2

Anyway, I can understand now like any dog, I suppose that you might get a couple of daft one's in the making that could be the wrong sort. But hounds, harriers what I saw were not even nasty, but spooked easy themselves, I had one harrier myself once and only once she went in on a kil on a fox, and she hunted back to the burrow for that and it was above ground then. But she was some dog to hunt, but very soft, brilliant voice and staying power. The only fault was the odd time she might hunt a rabbit a little bit, if the was nothing, pure scent