Jobs - Love 'em? Hate 'em?

end up with a hump on yer back working.better off few quid here and there ime 650 a month plus rent paid before i get out of bed.people call it living of the state but if their giving handouts till refugees we might as well be at the front of the q.

its folk that can but choose not to work that gives me the hump.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gobbling off........kind of bars are you working the door at?..?

I had a proper job years ago, hated it ! Then when I worked for myself you just had to work when the earner presented itself, this has involved cancelling holidays 2 days before you are due to fly, w

During the Autumn/Winter months,.into the early Spring,..I trap moles and honour a few contracts, to control rabbits/squirrels, etc... When the weather starts to warm up,..I go on the Wasps....   B

Posted Images

end up with a hump on yer back working.better off few quid here and there ime 650 a month plus rent paid before i get out of bed.people call it living of the state but if their giving handouts till refugees we might as well be at the front of the q.

To be honest id be better of on the dole a lad up top of my road is like me married 3 kids and laughing at me everytime we speak for goin to work 6"days a week he get 397 a week dole i work 6 day for 73 euro more and he's has everything 12 car make ya think .

To be honest id be better of on the dole a lad up top of my road is like me married 3 kids and laughing at me everytime we speak for goin to work 6"days a week he get 397 a week dole i work 6 day for 73 euro more and he's has everything 12 car make ya think .

its yer duty. :laugh:

??

its yer duty. :laugh:

ive been a electrician for 36 years mostly on big industrial sites, For the last 7 years all the works been in prisons which can be a real eye opener at times

constructing new prisons darbo or maintenance/alterations of existing? Im a spark by trade but off the tools now. done a few new blocks in prisons amd some extensiins/refurbs I actually enjoy prison work, back to proper trunking and conduit systems wired in singles instead of twin and basket that gets chucked everywhere nowadays.

Maintenance pms and new installation work. ive always worked with conduit,trunking .tray ladder rack etc since i was a apprentice many moons ago. :thumbs:

that is a proper install, dont do many of them nowadays. Most are basket and twin&skin. Last summer I had two apprentices ask me to sign em off as competent to do their AM2. When I questioned em on what they had done it turned out in their 4 years all they had done was basket and plastic tube!!!!! The skill is fast dropping away fella, so that labour is cheaper. Itll soon be 20 mates or electrical labourers and 4 sparks behind em checking!

Shame.

ive been a electrician for 36 years mostly on big industrial sites, For the last 7 years all the works been in prisons which can be a real eye opener at times

constructing new prisons darbo or maintenance/alterations of existing? Im a spark by trade but off the tools now. done a few new blocks in prisons amd some extensiins/refurbs I actually enjoy prison work, back to proper trunking and conduit systems wired in singles instead of twin and basket that gets chucked everywhere nowadays.

Maintenance pms and new installation work. ive always worked with conduit,trunking .tray ladder rack etc since i was a apprentice many moons ago. :thumbs:

that is a proper install, dont do many of them nowadays. Most are basket and twin&skin. Last summer I had two apprentices ask me to sign em off as competent to do their AM2. When I questioned em on what they had done it turned out in their 4 years all they had done was basket and plastic tube!!!!! The skill is fast dropping away fella, so that labour is cheaper. Itll soon be 20 mates or electrical labourers and 4 sparks behind em checking!

Shame.

i know of a few firms now that work like that mates electrical improvers and a couple of sparks checking and guiding. the skill level has gone down in my opinion. One works with us 32 years of age cant set trunking/tray etc cant even make a micc cable off (pyro)

Shame.

i know of a few firms now that work like that mates electrical improvers and a couple of sparks checking and guiding. the skill level has gone down in my opinion. One works with us 32 years of age cant set trunking/tray etc cant even make a micc cable off (pyro)

Im 32 and have only ever made of pyro when I went to college....14years odd ago. Id still be able to do it but it just shows how the requirement for the skill level has gone now.

Im shit hot with making bends and sets in trunking and tray though! haha!!!

Shame.

Im 32 and have only ever made of pyro when I went to college....14years odd ago. Id still be able to do it but it just shows how the requirement for the skill level has gone now.

Im shit hot with making bends and sets in trunking and tray though! haha!!!

Nice one :thumbs:

I drove a class 2 lorry for a contracting firm that worked for the council and road services.... I was there 10 years and winter was gullies and drains and summer was sitting on quads spraying weeds... Loved it but then with budget cuts they done away with contractors so now I'm in a factory building trailers for lorises with less pay and it's entirely shit!!! Been there a year and a half and it feels like a prison sentence :-(

Makes you a bigger parasite than any immigrant in my eyes.