Whose Ever Dropped A Bird In Flight?

f****n 'ell Tom, yeah man!! That's might of been it... God I wish I'd kept all my old air gunner issues. Your right to, it was similair to the 707! I keep seeing them 707's and I'm like Jesus I know the look of that from somewhere.

Iv got a picture of it in my mind still 20 years later! I used to be airgun obsessed as a kid and john darling was my hero! Airgunner mag was my full weeks pocket money so no sweets on the new issue of airgunner lol.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not the done thing IMO

Nope. Never attempted it. So can hardly be surprised.   Years ago there was an air gun released that was like a shot gun, god knows what it was called, I know a friend of mine used one to good effec

had a go at a feral once, there was a large flock flying over an open field and me and a mate both took a pop shot into the flock, to our delight one fell into the field, however we soon realised it h

Can't find an image of it anywhere... Lost to the history books.

But yeah, that's was the thing a friend had and shot starlings on the wing with it. No more than 15 yard.

God I miss my youth and growing up with air guns.

Bloody HW80 eluded me then as it does now.

I miss it very much too! - They where the days!

f****n 'ell Tom, yeah man!! That's might of been it... God I wish I'd kept all my old air gunner issues. Your right to, it was similair to the 707! I keep seeing them 707's and I'm like Jesus I know the look of that from somewhere.

Iv got a picture of it in my mind still 20 years later! I used to be airgun obsessed as a kid and john darling was my hero! Airgunner mag was my full weeks pocket money so no sweets on the new issue of airgunner lol.

Your remember the article, no idea which it was where John was pointing his mk1 up awards a bit but it had that old school silencer on... The one where half dropped below the barrel a bit (don't know the actually model but it was the original moderator for the rapid mk1) think he was after pigeons and it was printed in black and white?

Then there was an article, always remember it cos I re wrote it out for some reason by hand, where there as a hunter, no idea of his name, but he had a black lab, and he was shooting rabbits with his gold star, and there was a shot of him laying down with two or three rabbits next to him and his black lab, printed in colour?

There was some dude called Paul and an older chap who was shooting mink with a venom HW around a pond or something.

:D

Anyway. Enough reminiscing.

• Like 1

Your remember the article, no idea which it was where John was pointing his mk1 up awards a bit but it had that old school silencer on... The one where half dropped below the barrel a bit (don't know the actually model but it was the original moderator for the rapid mk1) think he was after pigeons and it was printed in black and white?

Then there was an article, always remember it cos I re wrote it out for some reason by hand, where there as a hunter, no idea of his name, but he had a black lab, and he was shooting rabbits with his gold star, and there was a shot of him laying down with two or three rabbits next to him and his black lab, printed in colour?

There was some dude called Paul and an older chap who was shooting mink with a venom HW around a pond or something.

:D

Anyway. Enough reminiscing.

yes they do ring a bell I also remember reading about the old rapid moderator too was it called a vortex? my favourite one was where a guy lived is a stable for a while hunting, foraging and nicking carrots to eat from the horses lol.

sorry for drifting off topic :laugh:

• Like 1

:hmm: Never tried before. I have a miserly approach to conserving good ammo as far as possible and don't waste it on futile attempts to shoot moving targets like flying birds.

Then, not so long agoI once turned a corner of my permission from around a thick hedgerow and the field just erupted in a cloud of pigeons and rooks; all well within range. I just snap-shot my HW80 .22 straight into the thick of them. An FAC .22 air rifle pellet going really fast and....Not a single bird was hit. They all seemed to know the shot was coming and they made a 'hole' around it. Just darted and swerved in all directions and the shot went on into the field with not so much as a feather touched. I thought that was incredible instinct and reaction these birds have.

Won't be doing that again. That convinced me I was right in the first place! :laugh::thumbs:

Talking pigeons, jackdaws etc.

Sub 12fpe

I think the more pertinent question here would be who has been irresponsible/daft enough to try that kind of shot (let alone admit it on an open forum !!! ). If moving targets are your thing get your sgc and broaden your horizons that way ;)
  • Like 1