What Makes A Man .....

I'd be f***ing gutted if my digging partner sprung that on me fd, can fully understand where your coming from and would probably flown off the handle myself! lol But the lad i dig with is my best mate and i couldn't think of cutting all ties after all we've been through and the laughs and good times weve had out with the dogs! I'm sure you'll have a change of heart when you realise life goes on with or without him coming out with you! Let a few young lads tag along and move on just keep doing what you do mate!

• Like 2

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wasn't joking when I said it was a disease. I've only ever had 2 proper holidays in my life because I'd rather be at home minding my dogs. They played a big part in my marriage break up. Nearly eve

I used to think along the same lines as yourself Foxdropper,.....I've spent,.. 'my life with lurchers",.and previously had no time,.. for what might best be termed , 'part timers, wasters and five min

I have seen many lads come and go in the serious digging game,some have been weekenders and some have never worked in a job, just lived for terriers, no lurchers, but I still maintain a friendship bui

Posted Images

Without the terriers i'd be a very boring person to know. When im not out with the dogs, im either thinking about them or talking to someone about them. All my close mates have terriers and if i go out for a few pints it's with dog mates!

Seems pretty sad to a normal person i'd imagine but its a bug and once it grabs you there's no going back, plenty of messers come and go but theyre easy to spot. Also its not just about lads owning a terrier, its about them having the same standards, opinions and aims as you which wittles it down to a handful or more if youre lucky.

Hope you manage to find another digging partner on your wavelength FD.?

• Like 8

Fd, whats the threats all about ? I'll do my best to place you routine, hope I'm whiter than white LOL's, get a grip man you are not the terrier police FFS just an ordinary poster like me or anyone else unless I've missed something, at my age I've done all I want to do and I am content in my walks each day with nothing to prove to anyone, I only have a few terriers left and through ill health my days on the mountain,hill or even flat land will catch me up in the next few years unless I buy a quad, I am not a known lad really, keeping my company close and tight knit, having read some of your past posts it appears you cannot stand any criticism or banter without throwing your toys out the pram and spoiling other peoples time on here, life can change for any of us in a flash and growing old bitter and twisted threatening decent folk is not for me so get on with your nasty bad boy routine, it appears life has taught you no lessons yet, is it that I have no idea who you are?? you can pm me your name if you like or anyone else can so I know who you are, are you famous ? or is that your goal ? genuine question and not a dig (pun), lighten up and try enjoying what time you have left, seen loads of lads that take things too serious drop dead early, Plucky

Lol buying a quad only gets you there .Criticism is something I've never worried about but messers I can't stand . it seems you as well as others decide to pick up posts where I may have been a bit forthright but chose to ignore those posts that are aimed at helping others .Like I've said in my life there is no room for maybes ,might haves or dreamers .Either you are or you arnt .I've never cared what others think and won't be starting now .What life has taught me and I'll stand by this ,is that its too short to put up with shit in any form and that includes mates old and new .Personal fame holds no allure either mate only that I leave behind a better dog than when I started ,something many others aspire to .You grow old gracefully but I ain't done yet

• Like 4

What my missus reckons and she's usually right,bless her, is that it was only the terriers that kept us mates and having cooled a bit she's probably right .

Met some good lads through the dogs that will be mates for life but like yourself id probably lose contact with most if they jacked thinking about it! And to be honest without the dogs to keep me out of bother and a few lads that stuck by me id have been inside long time ago and always be greatful to the lads!

• Like 5

What my missus reckons and she's usually right,bless her, is that it was only the terriers that kept us mates and having cooled a bit she's probably right .

if thats right youve lost what you had in common. I can understand why someone would give up if you were having a bad time in the game, but if youve got the dogs and got the permission i cant for the life of me understand why youd walk away from it.
  • Like 4

Maybe he's bored FD of the way some of his suposed pals question his man hood or his heart for the game,why not go ask him instead of moaning on the net about it.I may sound a bit strong but i've a suposed pal who's gone all bitchy on me because i can't no longer be arsed with his bullshit or his crap ways with dogs and he is also being a fanny on line about it rather than knocking on my door (or even answering his phone to me) and finding out why.Are you two related?..

If I kept plummets I'd expect a moan but these are the real deal fella lol.

It ain't about the type or breed of dog it's about you and your contempt for a suposed mate,you do just sound like the fella i know and jelousy is a horrid monster :bad: .It's also a girls playground thing and just because he wants to do something different you behave like he's cheated on you,fecking grow up man.. :laugh:

My contempt is far deeper than that mate but then you know it .Jealousy is a losers problem pal .I see you are the type to jump on a lad when hges a bit low another poor quality .Same as your plummets ,on brave when others join in .Makes me spit .

Brave when others join in??,it was me who first commented on your jealous girl like whinging :thumbs: and why should he carry on with the terriers,because you says so? :laugh: ..Get a grip FD and relax ffs man.. :victory:

I could understand your reasons for chipping in if I thought you knew what the f**k is going on here .Jealousy doesn't come into it but then again your whole world is built around that in the plummet ranks so why would you know any different .

your right if only i could be just like you eh :toast: ...

if thats right youve lost what you had in common. I can understand why someone would give up if you were having a bad time in the game, but if youve got the dogs and got the permission i cant for the life of me understand why youd walk away from it.

My exact thoughts too Rob and what grates the most .We were talking about pups this year one minute then its change of hobby the next .Some lads on here won't have a clue what's occurred but to those who have ,thanks for the comments and texts .

Maybe he's bored FD of the way some of his suposed pals question his man hood or his heart for the game,why not go ask him instead of moaning on the net about it.I may sound a bit strong but i've a suposed pal who's gone all bitchy on me because i can't no longer be arsed with his bullshit or his crap ways with dogs and he is also being a fanny on line about it rather than knocking on my door (or even answering his phone to me) and finding out why.Are you two related?..

If I kept plummets I'd expect a moan but these are the real deal fella lol.

It ain't about the type or breed of dog it's about you and your contempt for a suposed mate,you do just sound like the fella i know and jelousy is a horrid monster :bad: .It's also a girls playground thing and just because he wants to do something different you behave like he's cheated on you,fecking grow up man.. :laugh:

My contempt is far deeper than that mate but then you know it .Jealousy is a losers problem pal .I see you are the type to jump on a lad when hges a bit low another poor quality .Same as your plummets ,on brave when others join in .Makes me spit .

Brave when others join in??,it was me who first commented on your jealous girl like whinging :thumbs: and why should he carry on with the terriers,because you says so? :laugh: ..Get a grip FD and relax ffs man.. :victory:

I could understand your reasons for chipping in if I thought you knew what the f**k is going on here .Jealousy doesn't come into it but then again your whole world is built around that in the plummet ranks so why would you know any different .

your right if only i could be just like you eh :toast: ...

Well ,start by shooting those pot lickers ,f**k your messer mate off and then pm me lol.

Its when you starting digging with mates you get kennel blind.. mates are folk you spend your life... with a true mate to me is one I haven't seen in 6 years but when we meet it will be like I haven't spoke to him in 6 minutes...for a million different reasons...and everyone of them old friends will have spent more time on the shovel and decided terrier work was not for them.. than most on this site..but we have many other things in common.. the only thing that seperates terrier work from the realists out there... is the way things are conducted and egos!

• Like 1

Fd that's [BANNED TEXT] happened to me couple ov wks ago took a member off here under my wing show him the ropes oftered him a pup traveled 450 miles round trip go up to help him out by use my terriers to help keepers he's meet to get permo to make sure the job was done for the keepers an can go bk to coz his terrier is young ? He has 1 or 2 digs in his own then don't hear off him 4 wks I pm him an he said don't holed a gragde but I think it's the best if we go our seprate whys coz I ask u not to put ur dog in the earth at 1.45 pm u did there was over 3 hours ov light left I still carnt get me head over it nw mate

My best mate and digging partner was steady as granite but even he couldnt beat the cancer ,to watch him waste away over a couple of months and die took a lot of getting over,it destroyed his family and especially his eldest son .

Fd worse things can happen.

• Like 7

My best mate and digging partner was steady as granite but even he couldnt beat the cancer ,to watch him waste away over a couple of months and die took a lot of getting over,it destroyed his family and especially his eldest son .

Fd worse things can happen.

sorrry to hear that downsview, things like that certainly help put things in perspective regarding whats really important dont they ? atb

• Like 2