The Strangest Thing Youve Seen Out Hunting.

As the title says lads ,whats the strangest thing youve seen out hunting. il start it off , i might have said this before but i cant remember,anyway , we were out one morning and had a dog to ground ,half wheaten ,big hard terrier, we opened up anyway and we said hes on a fox, long story short ,we ended up diggin out a pomeranian, looked like a fox ,must have been belonged to the farmer,the pom got lucky anyway as our dog didnt touch him ,wasnt exactly the quarry we were looking for but it was good craic and we had a laugh about it.

• Like 2

Not digging but whilst lamping one night years ago with a lurcher I heard running behind me and shone the lamp at a line of soldiers running in v formation ,full kit .Never said a word despite me beamimg them all up .I was fishing in a carp pond with another lad at night mid summer when we saw ripples coming at us then a head appeared followed by two more .Frogmen all suited up got out took off flippers and jogged off over the next field despite our asking what the feck they up to messing up the swims .Dug a cat once and another in a net .All part of a varied life lol.

• Like 1

Seen many unusual thing out hunting but as this is the terrier forum the most unusual thing in a hole was to bolt a Short Eared Owl that flew up into a tree and sat looking at me. A friend dug to a terrier on a Shelduck once.

Last year I was in a ditch digging when I spotted a lad coming up the field walking a Cocker Spaniel. He hadn't seen me, I had permission, but I kept my mouth shut because he sat down with the dog and had a conversation with it and gave it a big kiss and went on his way.

The same lad is the type to slag you off if ye were in the pub so he'd want to be careful around me :laugh: .

• Like 3

Seen many unusual thing out hunting but as this is the terrier forum the most unusual thing in a hole was to bolt a Short Eared Owl that flew up into a tree and sat looking at me. A friend dug to a terrier on a Shelduck once.

Last year I was in a ditch digging when I spotted a lad coming up the field walking a Cocker Spaniel. He hadn't seen me, I had permission, but I kept my mouth shut because he sat down with the dog and had a conversation with it and gave it a big kiss and went on his way.

The same lad is the type to slag you off if ye were in the pub so he'd want to be careful around me :laugh: .

Sounds like "Keith Lard" off phoenix nights, LOL's, Plucky

• Like 1

free drink for you Neil haha
  • Like 2

Remember digging to the terrier many yrs ago, when we broke through this tail that looked like a whip with a tuft of hair on the end started waving about, we thought it was someone's dog so cleared out a bit more, the earth stank like putrid meat, we were looking at eachother thinking wtf is going on here, then like a streak of lightening out flew this thing, looked like a chupricabra lol, away up the field then it clicked on us, I fired n missed Lolololol. Fecking fox Fula mange and weeping sores on its skin, never have I seen a fox infected so bad before or after, I don't know how it was still alive, there was more hair on a Chinese crested dog, the terrier obviously knew better than us, it was bathed and treated soon as we got home same for the terrier box

Did the terrier react differently Lenmcharrister ?

The reason I ask is I find it fascinating the way usually game dogs react to them. I've seen hard terriers bay at them and a lurcher I had who usually destroyed foxes used to just cripple mangy foxes but refuse to finish them.

Whole packs of hounds don't even break them up.

I crowned in one day and was looking a large dog fox in the eye. I scruffed him and took him out.

Only his head and neck had fur, the rest was bald. I wouldn't have touched him if I'd known and he's the fox I mentioned before that gave me the mange and I gave it to the family.

I told the wife the kids must of got it at school, :laugh::laugh::laugh: .

Did the terrier react differently Lenmcharrister ?

The reason I ask is I find it fascinating the way usually game dogs react to them. I've seen hard terriers bay at them and a lurcher I had who usually destroyed foxes used to just cripple mangy foxes but refuse to finish them.

Whole packs of hounds don't even break them up.

I crowned in one day and was looking a large dog fox in the eye. I scruffed him and took him out.

Only his head and neck had fur, the rest was bald. I wouldn't have touched him if I'd known and he's the fox I mentioned before that gave me the mange and I gave it to the family.

I told the wife the kids must of got it at school, :laugh::laugh::laugh: .

he just bayed at it but did not engage as he usually would have where he could, he obviously knew what it was but prob thought fcuk that lads he's down here lolol, but the smell feck me it was rancid, poor bloody thing must have been Fula infection because of it. No doubt it died because of it

Remember digging to the terrier many yrs ago, when we broke through this tail that looked like a whip with a tuft of hair on the end started waving about, we thought it was someone's dog so cleared out a bit more, the earth stank like putrid meat, we were looking at eachother thinking wtf is going on here, then like a streak of lightening out flew this thing, looked like a chupricabra lol, away up the field then it clicked on us, I fired n missed Lolololol. Fecking fox Fula mange and weeping sores on its skin, never have I seen a fox infected so bad before or after, I don't know how it was still alive, there was more hair on a Chinese crested dog, the terrier obviously knew better than us, it was bathed and treated soon as we got home same for the terrier box

My mate had a lad do some earths for him he bolted 3 foxes from a pipe under a road 2 were bald with mange didn't even look like foxesattachicon.gifimage.jpeg
holy feck a bit worse than the middle one in the pic with oozing sores over it, I admit I hadn't a clue what it was at the start