Lenny (The Governor) Mcclean

Have a look at Albert Reading , comes across as a bloke who has that nice side to him which I've found most blokes who fear nothing & no one have , but when you listen to him he's Definetly not a bloke who'd of let anyone take liberties no matter how big . . You May not agree but i feel you can see it in some people's eyes & I see it with this bloke !!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some of these THL experts that can tell if someone is juicing or not just by looking at pictures and videos of them should offer their services to the Olympic anti-doping agencies

I think a large amount of what is written in those type of books can be taken with a large pinch of salt. there written in the "news of the world" sensationalism stylee...elements of truth buttered up

I never saw anyone even come close to handling Lennie on doors,he would always get lads trying to make a name for themself but most times a simple growl or stare was enough......he was 10 or 12 years

bartley gorman challenged him at one time another tough man lenny was a serious animal

did he beat Bartley?

no he wouldnt fight him. bartley sent the challenge down a couple of times ,but lenny was a no-show

is he your second cousin brookie

• Like 5

bartley gorman challenged him at one time another tough man lenny was a serious animal

did he beat Bartley?

no he wouldnt fight him. bartley sent the challenge down a couple of times ,but lenny was a no-show
how good was Bartley then if Lenny did a no show? Why did he not land down on his doorstep? Do ya think they had that mutual respect??

did any of his street fights ever go any distance? Or was he just too powerful a man for his opponents

I never saw anyone even come close to handling Lennie on doors,he would always get lads trying to make a name for themself but most times a simple growl or stare was enough......he was 10 or 12 years older than me so i never saw him fight on the cobbles in his prime but saw him several times over Wanstead Flats and a couple of times in fights out the back of his cousins yard and it was never pleasant to watch i suppose 2 or 3 minutes was as much as most people could take before either being ironed out or saying enough.

As for steroids he wouldnt of known what to do with them he just had a natural strength and frame type that could hold weight,he hated drugs of any kind,from what i remember he didnt even drink ....he would of seen no value in steroids if he wanted to bang weight on he would just eat more Lennie was old school before old school existed !

Reminds me of myself that last comment, i was uncool before it was cool to be uncool
  • Like 4

Bit of an hypocrite he was, remember seeing an interview where he slated people for taking steroids when it's as clear as day he abused them at points of his life.

How can you tell, hardly a ripped up body builder look about him?

Some of these THL experts that can tell if someone is juicing or not just by looking at pictures and videos of them should offer their services to the Olympic anti-doping agencies :laugh:

It's called common sense flower.

Mclean in one of his books admitted taking steroids once.Craig Fairbass was mentioned a few times as the man cast to play him in a film. Remember Mclean being in the customs series The Knock playing a character called Eddie Davis that was on the television a few years back .

edit to say quite a bit of info about him on wikipedia and his unlicenced record .

So I'm right, thought so. It's not hard to fathom he was on them in that fight where the gypsy nutted him.

I reckon Scott welch could play Lennie, and do him justice

Thats a fair shout......bit of a quiet man Scott as i remember so not sure he could muster up the type of fire and energy Lennie had.....but then im not sure anyone could.

Mclean in one of his books admitted taking steroids once.Craig Fairbass was mentioned a few times as the man cast to play him in a film. Remember Mclean being in the customs series The Knock playing a character called Eddie Davis that was on the television a few years back .

edit to say quite a bit of info about him on wikipedia and his unlicenced record .

So I'm right, thought so. It's not hard to fathom he was on them in that fight where the gypsy nutted him.

not being funny or anything, but how can you tell?, the only way i can tell is when they look like mr universe,

• Like 1

not being funny or anything, but how can you tell?, the only way i can tell is when they look like mr universe,

The huge gain in size, massive trapezius muscles, reddening of the skin due to the rise in blood pressure...

I reckon Scott welch could play Lennie, and do him justice

Thats a fair shout......bit of a quiet man Scott as i remember so not sure he could muster up the type of fire and energy Lennie had.....but then im not sure anyone could.
Did you see the job he done of renovating that old gatehouse ?, seems a laid back sort, but a good likeness for the guvnor