BGD. Just to let you know I'm waiting for a verdict, we now have Greek style pigeon every Monday evening, which, I must admit makes her indoors smile a bit. Just this lunchtime had 9 woodies and hoping for a few more later which will all go , dressed, in the freezer.

• Like 1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well to keep the pie theme going lol we had a baking day as it was lashing down. Old muttly was on form last night 5 out of 6 so we had a few rabbits for grub and stopped Braised in cider wit

I'm getting plenty of daytime rabbits at the moment, filling the freezer with a pastry variation of my rabbit loin and bacon cottage pie.     Quick and easy, tasty too. Recipe here. http://www.ur

BGD. Just to let you know I'm waiting for a verdict, we now have Greek style pigeon every Monday evening, which, I must admit makes her indoors smile a bit. Just this lunchtime had 9 woodies and hoping for a few more later which will all go , dressed, in the freezer.

• Like 1

Terryd. Pies have gone quiet. I'm still doing a few. Anything new in your kitchen?

not at the moment jok finished with the rabbits so waiting to get some pigeon my local farmer has just plough so hopefully he might sow some thing to get them interested. One year the fella working for him did peas but left them on the top the pigeons went mad for them can't see that happening again though

I bet everyone you know just happens to turn up at your door around tea time on Mondays :laugh:

Off to see one of my my pals that shoots on the weekend, hoping he'll have a couple of pigeons for me so I can finally give that recipe a go :thumbs:

• Like 1

Ya daft sod. All I'll say is that it's hell of a good. I tried something slightly different toninight in as much as that I had some Spring cabbage left over from yesterday's lunch which I shredded and turned in the rice with a little seasoning. Well worth a go.

• Like 1

Well I was up my pals on Sunday and he had a brace of pigeons waiting for me. Cooked them up in his kitchen as per your recipe and we both agreed it was the best pigeon meal we had ever had :yes: the bird was as juicy as I've ever had pigeon and the mediterranean style made a great change to my usual pigeon recipes. Reckon it's earnt a spot as a regular meal absolutely cracking recipe pal thanks for sharing it :thumbs:

Would have taken some pics but by the time it was done neither of us were waiting around before getting stuck in :laugh:

• Like 2

Well well. Thank you kind sir. I am continually surprised with what can be achieved with the humble pigeon. I no longer do the ' just take off the breast thing'. Clearly the thing is to be inventive. I did a lovely dish which I was going to share with Gaz when he picked up his terrier box. [BANNED TEXT]'t for the same basic start but included short lengths of leek and really skinny leafs of raw potato. Sweet chilli sauce and balsamic vinegar did the trick. It was like a honey glaze on the pigeon meat. Stunning.

• Like 1

I think we should all consider a pigeon pie. What little mysteries can we secret to make an awesome delicacy?only you guys know your skills and by the way, the Irish guru has gone a bit quiet. he might show us fancy finishes but what about sheer taste and country ability?? Come on fellas, let's get it on.

Whole bird is definitely the way to go, so much more flavour :yes:

Think I'm going to a try a little twist on your recipe next time I do it, bit of chorizo would go nicely I reckon...

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...

Alrate fellas. With the pies can I make a batch and freeze em, then cook from frozen? I have a bit of venison filling the freezer at the min and misus wont eat bambi so was guna make half a dozen smaller pies and freeze em so I can get em out for individual dinners.