No More Collie Greys

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Somewhereyourenot - Don't take this the wrong way, but how old are you?   And second question. . . . .. how many good bull x's have you seen work? You've obviously seen some decent enough collie gre

I used to run bull crosses an my brother bred 2 litters of first cross collies an as it said above they picked what they wanted none mad the grade as a fox dog but av a collie bull now an he ticks e

A bull in its own right is an inteligent dog. I think some people think they are just muscle bound thick dogs far from it. Easily trainable.very eager to please you. High prey drive.very high pain

Is no one using collie greyhounds anymore ? Is it all bull bred stuff now, I'm looking for a decent collie grey cos I assume they are a bit more trainable than a bull but not as impressive to look at. Any one still a collie grey fan

hancocks breeds them. and they are genuine collie greys of different percentages border or beardie.

In my experience a 1st cross can sometimes be more intelligent than the owner mate. I have seen them pick their runs and run out of sight for an easier way into a field. The best I ever had was a 3/4 and I never thought I would introduce bull but it works mate.

• Like 1

I used to run bull crosses an my brother bred 2 litters of first cross collies an as it said above they picked what they wanted none mad the grade as a fox dog but av a collie bull now an he ticks every box for me . Every hancock bred dog av seen i wouldnt feed them there not out of true working collies money dogs

• Like 4

A bull in its own right is an inteligent dog.

I think some people think they are just muscle bound thick dogs far from it.

Easily trainable.very eager to please you. High prey drive.very high pain threshold.

That mixed with collie and grey.

I don't think you can go far wrong.

• Like 4

Easily trainable.very eager to please you. High prey drive.very high pain threshold.

if there that good what is the point in adding collie then king? Lol

if there that good what is the point in adding collie then king? Lol
I think you know the answer mate no need for me to tell you.

Brains.

Without turning it into a Hancock slagging match , are you saying you wouldn't feed one because it's not out of working collie? And not actually on ability.

To me there's more to a lurcher than just killing a fox.

i can only go by what av seen work an the onea i have picked what they wanted run when they wanted half hearted an that was at rabbits years ago handcock used working dogs got a name for his self throw the dogs working the amount of handcock dogs bred now jusr so people can say i own a hancock dog its the same as bull pie an golly lines its deluted down from the orignal line
  • Like 2