Multifuel Burner For Heating And Hot Water

Does anyone have any tips for using a multifuel burner to heat a house and provide hot water?

We have applied to rent a house with one but I've only ever lived in a house where the wood burner was a nice option to have.

The house has an emersion heater for if we need hot water at short notice and the shower is electric so I'm not overly concerned about reliance on the burner, I just assumed the fine folk of THL would have some sage advice.

Cheers,

GaZ

Better off with smokeless fuel if you dont have easy wood access, burns a lot longer aswell. But you need a multifuel stove. You can tell if its a multifuel stove because it will have a grate, wereas woodburners dont. You cant go wrong with them really.

we moved to a new house october 27th 2013 amd it had an aga which is basically same as what u are on about apart from its an oven aswell. we are same set up as u, immersion heater and elec shower. We have been here over two years now and I have never once put immersion heater on. burn what you want when you can control the fire. whack a load of coal on and shut fire down before you go bed. that way when you get up its still hot and should still be in so open it up and put a bit of fuel on and your away for the new day. We dont use aga thru summer just use shower and boil kettle fo pots. We found it a challenge to start with but wouldnt be without now.