Time For A Collar

matt1979

The young terrier has been getting fitter and fitter this season after a close shave with the vets last year. She has always been prone to a wander on the back of scent but her recall is good once the action is ended. Last few weeks she has revved up a gear and tonight was gone a good half hour, which is unusual as the young lurcher sticks with her but he had long returned. After a long half hour of waiting in the dark, she returned looking like a drowned rat, stinking of the red fella. I suspect she has dropped in by the looks of things, which isn't my game really and much to the annoyance of terrier man I would be happy to call her out.

Anyway guess it's time to invest in a collar, question is are there any recommendations for suitable collar system as she covers some ground despite her tiny stature but she does drop in as well. Doesn't help that he is pretty mute as well any advice appreciated atb

Edited by matt1979

Gaz yes that's the kind of thing I am after. Aware of the bellman etc but my understanding is they are short range locators for digging. I am after a locator/ tracker which would do dual roles I suppose, no idea if one exists but thought I would ask here as I would have thought some peoples bushers must have the same issue atb

My ultravox has about a 45 yard range on it and works when the dog is underground,should be the same'ish for the other locator set ups to be honest..

Wasn't "ultravox" a group that had a hit with "you mean nothing to me, oh Vienna??? Or have they gone into developing locators now????