Mooching Dog

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the best mooching dogs are made, not bred. out at as early an age as possible. No lead, no slip. Just out with its owner. At every opportunity. Finding, chasing and learning. Its no surprise that mo

I've mostly kept Mouching dawgs   Back in the day,..I did own one or two lamping/coursing types, good honest triers ,that pulled down the odd hare and deer,..but nowadays, I only need a wee cur dog

Love a good mooch..I've a smart mooching bitch she works alone or with a couple of terriers great nose drive and agility and a good strike on her .. collie/ grey

Posted Images

With the land I mooch I need a team of dogs to all play a part. If I have eny chance to catch owt..and a terriers really handy..as said my small lurcher is really fast of the mark for the bunny's what brakes cover then my pup in a few months should be a big help with her speed for eny things else that's been hunted up or flushed from cover..one dogs no good to me..

• Like 1

been mooching today along river banking and old industrial ground covered with bramble blackthorn etc I had my bull grey and I ended up putting it on lead for my wallets safety so it really depends what your best mooching ground is like imo

Is he crashing Into cover recklessly mate

With the land I mooch I need a team of dogs to all play a part. If I have eny chance to catch owt..and a terriers really handy..as said my small lurcher is really fast of the mark for the bunny's what brakes cover then my pup in a few months should be a big help with her speed for eny things else that's been hunted up or flushed from cover..one dogs no good to me..

Fair play mate we all got our own way.

Its great with a lurcher and terrier and maybe a little bolting ferret and a pocket full of nets.

• Like 1

Fives the most I have ever had on one outing.. 2 with mixi lol..plenty of bushing and missing but great to see em work as a team..that's what its all about for me .you last statement is spot on ..a good walk out with the hope for one for the pot..half the time I get nothing.now and then I get a bunny or bird or two.. If we're lucky.. But that's my MOOCHERS for ya.but me and the dogs enjoy it all the same..

• Like 4

the best mooching dogs are made, not bred. out at as early an age as possible. No lead, no slip. Just out with its owner. At every opportunity. Finding, chasing and learning.

Its no surprise that most young lads first dog is often a bloody good moocher. And the same with those of more senior years who have wound back on more obviously high octane pursuits.

• Like 19

yeah king I don't usually let he off on that kind of ground which basically is all cover had my other dogs a bedlington and a grew which has plenty of self preservation lol good mooch got 3 rabs saw kingfisher dipper and a stoat going about its business my kind of day

• Like 5

Simplicity is the name of the game,dog a human zest for being happy with your own company plus dog.plenty of fields ,woodland ,or what what ever terrain is handy.and away we go as happy as larry.brings back memories when a boy over the fields nesting,waiting for the best sound ever earring the first sky lark singing its song you new spring was here.what a beautiful feeling.where as the that sound gone.trying to find the nest if you did that was some secret .going back uncovering seeing the eggs. Watching chicks getting bigger and finally leaving the nest .how many birds names did you know lot more Than.I do today. Lost but not forgotten.those long summers days great thinking back getting melancholy,just good. Times.atb.

• Like 9

Simplicity is the name of the game,dog a human zest for being happy with your own company plus dog.plenty of fields ,woodland ,or what what ever terrain is handy.and away we go as happy as larry.brings back memories when a boy over the fields nesting,waiting for the best sound ever earring the first sky lark singing its song you new spring was here.what a beautiful feeling.where as the that sound gone.trying to find the nest if you did that was some secret .going back uncovering seeing the eggs. Watching chicks getting bigger and finally leaving the nest .how many birds names did you know lot more Than.I do today. Lost but not forgotten.those long summers days great thinking back getting melancholy,just good. Times.atb.

Good words mate, sounds like something swg dave would write, have you been pumping the neighbours goat, or are you always this slack eyed and silly on a thursday night ?
  • Like 1