Rats R Us.

Looking for some advice, What's they best way of getting rats to bolt from under a hedge or around an immovable object tree or old brick pile etc? Digging in my opinion is always best but under a hedge and around trees its near impossible. Smokers seem to be hit and miss and I'm not the greatest fan but I have noticed that the chainsaw/strimmer types always work best and this might be due to the vibrations given off. So would a petrol wacker plate work? Has anyone tried it? cheers.

A wacker plate would be far too heavy and immobile, the idea is to get them moving quickly when you are ready, I've tried loads of ways from water hosepipes to pipes off my exhaust of my van, a good petrol smoker made from an old strimmer /chainsaw etc is the most reliable but sometimes its down to digging or moving stuff manually, WM

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been that much water about a few of the earths were still flooded. At least we had a bit of sport around the slurry lagoon.

Very good day in good company.   115 rats in the bag an a bunch of stinking dogs.

Just a quick mooch on a game crop this afternoon

Posted Images

Whinnie's looking good TH-hope young Hector is back on form you. Hope you and the lads enjoy the craic at the show tomorrow ;). I'd of shown my face but wife is working tomorrow and today I'm off out on a all nighter on the river-I'm suffering from "barbel fever" lol- roll on the season and out with the dogs. Take care mate. Atb sean

• Like 3