Rats R Us.

My pat bitch killed an then swallowed a rat, lol can she be poisoned lads, she bouncing out her skin at min

My old russel ate loads of rat blocks took it to vets got an injection to be sick then vitamin k tablets, the vet said you could give the dog a spoon of mustard straight away after swallowing something it shouldn't and it would be sick straight away same as the injection

A while back on here I advised someone to always have a supply of Vit K handy if there's a risk of their dog picking up rat poison or poisoned rats.

A couple of Pesty's said that most poisons nowadays are not warfarin based so Vit K is a waste of time.

I've read somewhere since that most rat poisons are indeed warfarin based.

Does anyone know the truth ?

Anyways, Francie my advice is have the Vit K handy if you're ever worried in the future and I'm told the type for human consumption is the strongest.

Dogs eating rats :bad::bad::bad::bad::bad: sounds to me like some off you need to teach your dogs some table manners :laugh: .

Even my lurcher who catches her fair share wont eat them, in fact, she buries them including one this morning.

Thanks 5 feet, an will do neil, thanks for the tip.

ps, I couldnt catch the wee fecker neil, lol

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been that much water about a few of the earths were still flooded. At least we had a bit of sport around the slurry lagoon.

Very good day in good company.   115 rats in the bag an a bunch of stinking dogs.

Just a quick mooch on a game crop this afternoon

Posted Images

My older bitch will eat rats for a past time ,vile but you try stop her .Vit K is the antidote to Warfarin based coagoalents your right Neil .Modern poisons have moved on though ,someone will state the active ingredients suffice to say my young dog ate some and the vet gave her a saline jab to vomit it out .No vit k jab .Sent home 90 notes lighter and a charcoal liquid that absorbs any remaining poison in the gut .Diofecom I think poison was called .Lilac coloured paste .Worse stuff is drat as its apparently sweet tasting .

• Like 2

A lot of I njested nastyness is treated with charcoal I had a mate in the army he told me they was always getting sick on foreign food and said they used to eat burned matches when out to sort the stomach I also had a crazy bird one time and she woke me up in the morning sayin she ate aload of tablets they fed the bitch a cup of charcoal on the spot

• Like 1

My older bitch will eat rats for a past time ,vile but you try stop her .Vit K is the antidote to Warfarin based coagoalents your right Neil .Modern poisons have moved on though ,someone will state the active ingredients suffice to say my young dog ate some and the vet gave her a saline jab to vomit it out .No vit k jab .Sent home 90 notes lighter and a charcoal liquid that absorbs any remaining poison in the gut .Diofecom I think poison was called .Lilac coloured paste .Worse stuff is drat as its apparently sweet tasting .

Modern bait poisons are meant to be accumalative so that no one dose is enough to kill anything so as to avoid death by accidentally eating of bait, it normally takes a few days of eating it to make it fatal but once the process has gotten so far not charcoal or anything else will save it, Plucky 1

• Like 1

the problem with having a lot of feral cats is they can end up as big a problem as the rats. :yes: . and they can be a real pain when ratting with terriers. my young dog has bumped into a few lately :icon_eek: . treehands they are some smart terriers you keep :thumbs:

• Like 2

When I lived in the forest we had a cat bought off a farm as a kitten half feral half British blue? Anyways the cat never grew very big but was a fluffy bluish grey, this cat would kill and part eat rats nearly as big as itself.

It caught a fledgling magpie once

And also got took off top of a 5 ft fence panel by my shepherd lurcher ,which then proceeded to carry it by its tail ,lol