Rats R Us.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been that much water about a few of the earths were still flooded. At least we had a bit of sport around the slurry lagoon.

Very good day in good company.   115 rats in the bag an a bunch of stinking dogs.

Just a quick mooch on a game crop this afternoon

Posted Images

Lost a dog years ago in a slurry pit and I'd never rat near one again .Rats skip over the crust but not the dogs.Makes me shiver to think of it as that was a bad day .

One pig farm i rat on has sheds over a slurry pit and last year my russell dog followed a rat across it to fall through the crust and my step lad only just grabbed it's tail in time as it tried to follow the rat under the shed.A very close call indeed and we skirt those sheds now if we have a dog about us,i also went up to my waiste at the same farm in a slurry pit when i thought the edge was a little further out than it was and although not a life threatening do it sure put the shitters up me :laugh: ...

• Like 2

Lost a dog years ago in a slurry pit and I'd never rat near one again .Rats skip over the crust but not the dogs.Makes me shiver to think of it as that was a bad day .

One pig farm i rat on has sheds over a slurry pit and last year my russell dog followed a rat across it to fall through the crust and my step lad only just grabbed it's tail in time as it tried to follow the rat under the shed.A very close call indeed and we skirt those sheds now if we have a dog about us,i also went up to my waiste at the same farm in a slurry pit when i thought the edge was a little further out than it was and although not a life threatening do it sure put the shitters up me :laugh: ...

Seen three big cubs skip across the top of one right by where I'd parked as I finished lamping one night, I'd walked for 2 hours and never seen one lol

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

There is a TV program on tonight about the massive increase of complaints to northwest councils about rat sightings and there reduced budgets to control the problem- we where out last night trying to assist at a rubish dump, never ever seen the amount of rats before that I witnessed in one spot, it was alive with them !!

• Like 2

We were out ratting on cover crops on saturday and the keeper had allways just posioned them,well a grand day was had by all and he never knew the sport a days ratting could give folk.He wants us back asap and couldn't thank us enough for the laughs him and a couple of his pals had, 50 rats and a good day in good company,can't ask for more than that i'd say :victory:

• Like 10

At this time of year as the season closes its the best sport to have, our activities never really end as soon as our shooting/ beating stops its rat time !

Cover crops and feed areas have been left quiet with a plentiful supply of food all winter and now is the time to strike !

For people who have not experienced this before they are soon hooked, it's a little scary, but fantastic fun !

I've got a young terrier ready to start, maybe a little young but it's a fantastic way of waking your dogs spirit,can't wait to get out again, got some fond memories of previous sport, love it and it's free, natural with good results !

• Like 7