Gain Greyhound Feeds

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Imo gain record breaker is the best value dry food on the market, first 3 ingredient are fresh chicken 22% drie chicken 22% then rice! all for £20 a bag. Dogs do well on the gain 28 as well.

Im using gain puppy and sapling at the moment plenty of protein in it and it seems to suit my older bitch aswell along with plenty of raw, veg and small amounts of carbs its also £20 a bag. Ive used g

Record breaker or 28 for mine , dogs are fine with it

Posted Images

I will keep chirping in and say this Autarky food is imo a better dry food than any mentioned, I have tried pretty much all of the stated feeds on this thread at some point and generally they go through my dogs at least too fast. This one is good value and my dogs certainly dog very well on it atb.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Autarky-Adult-Dry-Food-Chicken/dp/B0077QEA92

Looks alright that shame about the maize n maize gluten in it tho as a lot of dogs don't digest maize to well do they..

I will keep chirping in and say this Autarky food is imo a better dry food than any mentioned, I have tried pretty much all of the stated feeds on this thread at some point and generally they go through my dogs at least too fast. This one is good value and my dogs certainly dog very well on it atb.

http://www.amazon.co...n/dp/B0077QEA92

And you also mean it suits your dogs as not all food suits all dogs.....

http://www.amazon.co...n/dp/B0077QEA92

And you also mean it suits your dogs as not all food suits all dogs.....

I think in fairness I did state MY dogs in the above and like most people that's all I have to go on. I just know I have one dog in particular that has struggled for the best part of 7 years to settle on dry food (I gave raw with it as well, but she doesn't go well on purely raw either), but the Autarky stuff has had by far the best results for this dog in particular but the rest (who will eat anything and do pretty well) have also imo been better for it. I have personally found wheat based products don't agree with MY dogs, Autarky is wheat and gluten free but as pointed out does use maize which some dogs struggle with, but it definitely agrees with my dogs.

Like anything until you have tried a food its difficult too gauge how your dogs will do on it, just thought it might be worth I try as I have had good results atb.

• Like 1

Does it really matter about the small cup of biscuit used daily if you feed a decent variety of raw meat, fish, bones and veg as the main bulk of the meal/diet? Honest Question.

I could understand if it was on a 100% dry diet.

My bitch is doing well on my local feed mills 21% own brand, puts a knot in her turds any way.

• Like 1

Does it really matter about the small cup of biscuit used daily if you feed a decent variety of raw meat, fish, bones and veg as the main bulk of the meal/diet? Honest Question.

I could understand if it was on a 100% dry diet.

My bitch is doing well on my local feed mills 21% own brand, puts a knot in her turds any way.

Couldn't agree more. That's why I use a fairly cheap complete now. It only makes up about 20% of the total diet for my dogs.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Autarky-Adult-Dry-Food-Chicken/dp/B0077QEA92

I'm the same, have used Beta, Gain, Chudleys, Wafcol, Red Mills etc in the past but moved onto Autarkey adult salmon last year and found it better than the others. Seem to be able to feed smaller portions which to me would indicate it's better quality.

we buy a pallet of gain once a year (60bags)... puppy and sapling for any youngsters, record breaker for workers and maintenence (formerly retired greyhound) for the pets... save a couple of euro per bag buying in bulk and my partner and best friend buy a share in the pallet as it works out cheaper for all of us this way