New Addition To The Team...

Gaz_1989

might it not go to ground.?

It might do.

i thought you didn't want that.thats why you wanted a spaniel x or something.

I could get a spaniel X terrier pup and wait 12 months to find out it drops to ground though?

If it starts dropping to ground it will be worked with locator on.

It's bred from ratters and bushers which don't drop to ground and at the minute she shows no interest in working below. So only time will tell.

ideally she'll go to ground then if it won't bolt, jack after 10 minutes.would be handy wouldn't it.?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After a long time thinking about it I finally got myself a little busher to work alongside the lurchers.   I didn't have a particular cross in mind. Fancied terrier X spaniel or something along tho

Nice one socks and dodger.   Yeh Flacko she will hopefully keep them busy.   Thanks dayandnightwalker, she's keener today than yesterday and more willing to enter thick cover. So it won't be many

Well she's been with me for 6 weeks now. She was a little bit fat and didn't have any muscle when I got her. Her back legs were like twigs. She struggled on big walks.   She's a fair bit fitter now,

Posted Images

might it not go to ground.?

It might do.

i thought you didn't want that.thats why you wanted a spaniel x or something.
I could get a spaniel X terrier pup and wait 12 months to find out it drops to ground though?

If it starts dropping to ground it will be worked with locator on.

It's bred from ratters and bushers which don't drop to ground and at the minute she shows no interest in working below. So only time will tell.

ideally she'll go to ground then if it won't bolt, jack after 10 minutes.would be handy wouldn't it.?

Yeh ideal that. Be better if she jumped the back gate, went the shop and came back with winning lottery ticket. Hahaha. Won't hold my breath. Lol.

• Like 1

Get a collar on it and a box in your pocket..... Them big holes with strange scents can do funny things to a dog especially when their bloods up.

Looks in great nick, I'm sure she'll get the gist of things but one dig could be all it takes.

Cheers, Matt

• Like 1

Nice one socks and dodger.

Yeh Flacko she will hopefully keep them busy.

Thanks dayandnightwalker, she's keener today than yesterday and more willing to enter thick cover. So it won't be many weeks before she is flying I don't think.

As you say it won't be long before we got a few Myxi about and she should nail a few of them around here.

Few from today...

1A25D308-6E91-4977-9925-8BA38A7F9F26.png

956A09FA-87BA-4E75-97FD-36B911D981E0.png

13EA5BFA-EDFE-4ACF-A683-60AFF61A65E3.png

She's in there somewhere...

D348EFD4-72FB-4AF0-89DE-035C965863A4_zps

1534264C-B153-41B4-BB38-28826AA8E303_zps

The team...

7C338B5E-1B99-498D-ADC7-558992F2AD35_zps

• Like 12