Paying For Permission...??

I always think it's only saddo' that pay for permission to shoot can't do the job so they pay for it they talk the talk but can't walk the walk once farmers start charging to shoot vermin the games over

Kent Wildfowlers have an Air Rifle section for both vermin and target:

http://www.kentwildfowlers.co.uk/homeframeintro.html?http://www.kentwildfowlers.co.uk/air_rifle_section.htm

Helpful for those with little or no chance of finding permission. I've a friend who works in London, train @ 07:00, home @ 19:30. No time to seek out permission. Plus he won't go regularly so I doubt a farmer would be interested! Not a sado. I've a couple of friends who have the best part of 600 acres between then, will they share, no, now that's sad!

I always think it's only saddo' that pay for permission to shoot can't do the job so they pay for it they talk the talk but can't walk the walk once farmers start charging to shoot vermin the games over

Kent Wildfowlers have an Air Rifle section for both vermin and target:

http://www.kentwildfowlers.co.uk/homeframeintro.html?http://www.kentwildfowlers.co.uk/air_rifle_section.htm

Helpful for those with little or no chance of finding permission. I've a friend who works in London, train @ 07:00, home @ 19:30. No time to seek out permission. Plus he won't go regularly so I doubt a farmer would be interested! Not a sado. I've a couple of friends who have the best part of 600 acres between then, will they share, no, now that's sad!

£200 per year and it's full :icon_eek: Must be more people paying to shoot vermin than I thought! Gives you BASC membership, so if you're already a paid BASC member, rather expensive :yes:

It must be frustrating for people who have all the gear but no legal place to shoot.

I have posted before that renting land isn't that expensive, and usually this is prime agricultural for growing things or feeding stock.

Not the rough ground that vermin thrive on.

I imagine there is actually a fair demand for land to shoot on, someone enterprising could make a fair income.

In my locality an acre can be as high as £40k to buy but only £75 per year to rent and again that is the good stuff.

• Like 1

It must be frustrating for people who have all the gear but no legal place to shoot.

I have posted before that renting land isn't that expensive, and usually this is prime agricultural for growing things or feeding stock.

Not the rough ground that vermin thrive on.

I imagine there is actually a fair demand for land to shoot on, someone enterprising could make a fair income.

In my locality an acre can be as high as £40k to buy but only £75 per year to rent and again that is the good stuff.

How would you even go about finding and acre or two of rough land? Any land around me to rent is all grazing horse land at 1200 per year not 75

As mentioned above sometimes you can have too much I've permission on about 2000 acres but probably only got 200 acres with any vermin on it but that does'nt stop me trying for more lol

Bilbo, you're lucky mate,

Been trying round here on and off for the last few years to get a perm but everywhere its the same answer " already got someone thats been coming for years"

will be waiting for some poor sod to peg it before theres an opening lo l :cry:

• Like 2

I had a quick look at Gumtree and Preloved and fair enough, most ads are aimed at horsey types who are prepared to pay more - stabling is typically £65 pounds a week.

It you let for domestic animals (yes Local Govt classes horses as such) then weekly/monthly rates are normal but it is expected that water and shelter is provided and that the field is accessible, so, often close to civilisation.

You guys are looking for rough land, eg moorland which I believe is still about £2000 per acre to buy, if that. The less valuable for agriculture, the less cost for rent.

You are making me think that my patch is too cheap but I expect wall maintenance and I also get hen,duck,cat,pig sitting when I am away.

Plus this compares with my neighbours who have 5, 20 and 100 acres

I also only let out for 11 continuous months, to avoid the dreaded 12 Year Rule.

Word of mouth and the direct approach will aid you. I think many of the ads are for full working businesses rather than the sideline you are after.

the article here states even cheaper rates but it doesn't state the rent period

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/business/farming/news/increase-in-cost-of-agricultural-land-rents-1.870702