The Non Working Lurcher

So i wrote on here the other day about a salukix that we may be fostering. Well now were keepeing it to me the dog seems very thin so i have put a bit of lard in with the biscuits and lamb what should i be aiming for in terms of condition all the vertibrae are sticking out. Im not used to lurchers so any advice would be welcome. Im not after a fat dog just a good conditioned healthy animal

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The saddest dogs I've seen have been rescued lurchers stuck on harnesses, and sometimes muzzled as well. When I ask why, they say it is to stop them killing rabbits. Almost without exception round her

I have taken on two rescue lurchers after spending some time fostering pound dogs for a rescue and I really wish there were no lurchers around that need to be rescued. I am too old and decrepit to wo

Trouble is you can buy chipping kits of the internet so the Scummies will just do themselves & whatever details they want??!! Two of my pups went to pet homes & i had no worries bout it. They

So i wrote on here the other day about a salukix that we may be fostering. Well now were keepeing it to me the dog seems very thin so i have put a bit of lard in with the biscuits and lamb what should i be aiming for in terms of condition all the vertibrae are sticking out. Im not used to lurchers so any advice would be welcome. Im not after a fat dog just a good conditioned healthy animal

If you take on a really skinny dog, it is best to feed him little and often. Four times a day for an adult. And make sure it has been properly wormed for roundworms AND tapeworm (not with Bob Martins stuff).