A Long Time Coming!

Two years ago i brought this pup, when she was just over a year old i ran it over on the shoot with the polaris cracking its sholder requiring it to be pinned, i would of put it down other than my daughter and the other half crying their eyes out begging me not too, after a grand spent on the vets and another grand repairing the polaris ( just what i needed the day after boxing day) and a year resting up i started getting her fit again to see if she could cope! i gave her a couple of trips lamping the first time out i came back wishing i would of shot it, but after i had chilled out a week or two later i tried again this time taking my mate billy holding the pup to watch my old boy do his job, this seem to work, storm could now spot them and would give chase and catch but then let them go! which is ok if you dont like carrying them home lol, i then took her ferreting and she soon learnt ferrets in rabbits out in the net and to grab hold of them, she got a run across the field and picked up one that had slipped the net and returned it to hand i was well pleased, so last night back to lamping with billy, storm just missed her first run but didnt miss anymore with 3 cracking strikes bringing them back after a couple of laps round billy just incase he didnt see her catch! seven runs 6 rabbits 100 % from my old dog and just 1 miss from storm so today i am proud dad and feel it was all worth it.

20160126_191541_3.jpg

20160126_191546_1.jpg

• Like 7