Delighted

Took the pup out for a couple easy runs tonight since the wind was up.her first time out and I'm chuffed.slipped her 3 times,first 2 she was unlucky but as soon as the lamp was off she headed straight back to me.3rd time the rabbit was only about 20yrds away and after getting hold of it twice(once by the back leg) she finally put in a decent strike as it made its way back up the hedge.i thought I had her retrieve spot on but I guess she was maybe a tad excited when she caught it and done two big circles parading her prize before hastily making her way toward me.even then I had to walk a couple of yards to get it off her.but she's only just over 8month so plenty time to perfect that.cant wait to run her next season.back to ferreting for now

E9F5F076-946F-4381-9008-5D6B1F6B9718_zps

• Like 4

Nice one mate tell me about the victory laps, good she works the lamp so young

Next season hope she fills your freezer fella

Thanks pal.i let her have her moment but still a bit annoying.had to laugh.she looked so proud

Yeah bet you was proud too mate

Your going to have all summer to perfect the retrieve, did it come back ready minced or still squeeking mine minced his first few but now he's a lot softer mouthed at 16 months I still get the odd victory lap from him, which trys my patients but next season I think he will be fine.

• Like 1

Yeah bet you was proud too mate

Your going to have all summer to perfect the retrieve, did it come back ready minced or still squeeking mine minced his first few but now he's a lot softer mouthed at 16 months I still get the odd victory lap from him, which trys my patients but next season I think he will be fine.

Only time it mate a squeal mate was when she had it by the back leg.dont think there will be much of a mark on it.this wee bitch is really soft mouthed.which I'm also chuffed about

Well done Meeks bet you were well happy.

I went out myself to 2 different places had 1 slip and the bunny disappeared into cover 3hrs out.

Like catching a penguin in a desert around here.its shit.

• Like 1

Well done Meeks bet you were well happy.

I went out myself to 2 different places had 1 slip and the bunny disappeared into cover 3hrs out.

Like catching a penguin in a desert around here.its shit.

No good mate.numbers round my ways haven't been that good this yr either.hope it picks up next yr.one thing for sure I'll be spending the summer knocking on doors lol

Nice one lad just got a 12 week whippet any good tips

Cheers mate.i'm no expert but I would say be patient and don't rush it.keep training sessions short but often.and mix it up.i find they get bored easily with repetitive stuff