This Years Youngsters 2016

well thats my last hatch this season ! best so far by a long way ! , 13 set and 10 hatched, a mix of greys and lb red x partridge ,just have to wait and see how they do with this heat now ! not sure if its helped but because of the weather recently ive been misting inside the coup and the breast of the hen about 6 times a day to up the humidity for the last 3 days of the hatches on this last 2 broodies,

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

same here eley ! hatches not good this season "though the last one was not to bad" but the birds that have hatched are doing ok now and hopefully have something decent to start next season off with ,and pleased with what ive got now ! ill try and get a few pics now they are a bit bigger ,all under broodies here ,one thing i have noticed though but maybe of no significance was the last 2 hatches i misted the broody with water a fair bit over the last few days of incubation and the hatches were better

• Like 1

Aw good mate! Yeh it's a funny year! I've culled hard this year anything that don't look right just knocked it on the head! I've got some nice birds for next year now just build another load of flight pens through the winter ! Can never have enough pens ?

• Like 1