"chipping" A Diesel Engine.

What motor you got walshie?

MPG is increased because in theory you don't have to rev the engine as high as before to cover the same distance in the same time - because it is now more powerful. If that makes sense?

But you tend to drive it harder, because it drives better, and therefore mpg is reduced.

Hilux.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've got a 1.7dti astra van which I had remapped a couple of months ago. Used to drive nice, not very quick but not terribly sluggish.. Now it drives like a bag of shite.. Two huge flat spots in the r

pump your tyres up more, take it out of gear for down hill and get your head behind the steering wheel with your elbows tucked in

Made a big differance to my defender td5. But I had egr blanked off and bypassed the cat with straight through pipe!!   Goes well, sounds great and returns about 35ish mpg.

I had my bmw 330 remapped but also had the dpf removed and de catted at the same time drove mint more power and used less juice plus the cat paid for most of the work so it was win win

can you pass an mot without a cat on a car that originally had one?

Ha da BMW 320d, 530d and M635d remapped. made a noticable difference and money well spent. Land rover defender Tdci was great too. took of the speed limiter and it would sit all day at 85 doing 30+ mpg. in Germany obviously!

Got the Disco 4 booked in soon. Worth doing but pick a reputable company and dont get greedy on power or mpg.

• Like 1

I had my bmw 330 remapped but also had the dpf removed and de catted at the same time drove mint more power and used less juice plus the cat paid for most of the work so it was win win

can you pass an mot without a cat on a car that originally had one?

Mine passed no problems

I've had td5 mapped and disco 3. mpg increases and no turbolag.still to buy the software to do my 3.2 shogun ... I bought the computer off a company to start up myself but never ended up doing it. Diesels average 33% extra bhp and torque goes through roof