First Rapid 7

Do your research in depth before buying man. Rapids are like marmit, you love them or hate them. As mentioned get yourself on the rapid owners forum, the advice and knowledge is far more focused.

Expect to pay upwards of £600 for a mint un molested mk1, even more in .20. The key word being unmolested. The old mk1's could be fettled to put insane FPE and it's hard to find one that hasn't been north of 24 ft/lbs at some point.

The general rule of buying Rapids, I've found, is you get one, assume it's mint, and find out down the line that it's been fettled, and some sort of problem occurs, you then fall out with the rapids and don't go there again, getting only half your money back on a sale, or it creates a bond with you , like me, that you just need to get another one... And so the search continues for that example that is just like new and performs as expected. But when you do find one... My god. There not just rifles, there personalities, with real purpose. They assume to be out in the field all day every day... :D

I've had two, and took the jump for a HM in .20 and it was really only the rapid effect that made me buy it.

The rapid Facebook group or Theoben group is another place for knowledge.

Keep us updated.

I've owned 4 rapids and also 1 in 20 not the best looking guns but they put meat on the table very reliable not much goes wrong with them/its hard to find one that has not been tampered with /check the power before buying one as most have been turned up check the bottles for leaked and enjoy shooting mate my last one was stolen from my van while I was flying my Harris hawk

I'm am looking and they seem to be as elusive as squirrels on my perm ?. So best way to tell if it's been tinkered with. And would u get a mk1 or mk2

It's weird they seem to come up like busses you can wait for ages and find nothing then the next day there everywhere for sale ..I've got mk2 I prefer the s type stock but I would quite happily own either....there's something about rapids that I personally don't get from any other Pcp nothing compares to the sound and feel of cocking a rapid. It's just a personal thing lol.

Edited by kanny
  • Like 1

I'm am looking and they seem to be as elusive as squirrels on my perm . So best way to tell if it's been tinkered with. And would u get a mk1 or mk2

It's weird they seem to come up like busses you can wait for ages and find nothing then the next day there everywhere for sale ..I've got mk2 I prefer the s type stock but I would quite happily own either....there's something about rapids that I personally don't get from any other Pcp nothing compares to the sound and feel of cocking a rapid. It's just a personal thing lol.

Perfectly said.

• Like 1

I'm am looking and they seem to be as elusive as squirrels on my perm . So best way to tell if it's been tinkered with. And would u get a mk1 or mk2

Perfectly said.

Clink... Thunk... Ting... Thunk... Clink............ Fffffuuuffffttttt.

• Like 2