Copper Pellets

I've tried a few, but there are none that I'd recommend -- not one of them groups well through my FAC springers at range. :hmm:

No-one can really "recommend" pellets to you, since each barrel and action is slightly different, so you'll have to experiment to see if a particular pellet works well through your rifle.

The H&N Barracuda Power are nicely made pellets, though but.

• Like 1

I normaly use rws superdomes, the only reason I asked about copper pellets is I have been asked to shot some pigeons in some feed stores and the farmer didnt want any lead in there so I thought that copper ones would be ok, now reading the replys i might have to come up with another game plan, Thank you for the replys.

I normaly use rws superdomes, the only reason I asked about copper pellets is I have been asked to shot some pigeons in some feed stores and the farmer didnt want any lead in there so I thought that copper ones would be ok, now reading the replys i might have to come up with another game plan, Thank you for the replys.

They are only copper washed mate, lead with a copper wash, the only way to ensure the none lead wishes of the farmer is to use something like Prometheus or whatever they are called nowadays.

• Like 2

Flush them out and shut the doors behind them, then shoot them off the roof

Flush them out and shut the doors behind them, then shoot them off the roof

good idea

They are only copper washed mate, lead with a copper wash, the only way to ensure the none lead wishes of the farmer is to use something like Prometheus or whatever they are called nowadays.

Promethius didn't used to be bad for grouping. But then again I haven't used an air rifle in many many years, and shot Promethius for over 20!.

They used to be a long red nylon body with a steel head. Not sure how they are manufactured these days, but I found them very consistent, when I tried them.

Can't comment on hunting as only ever shot targets with these.

BTW I'm not sure the farmer would be happy big chunks of nylon and steel in his feed either. Flushing them might be the only answer. You could use a shotgun then.

Edited by Alsone