Dogs Dinner?

How many of you feed your rabbits to the dogs? I have four Westies and have pondered this many times. Of those of you who do, cooked or raw? I spend much time boiling and de-boning for two main reasons. To get rid of any nasties that may be going on and I don't like vet bills. I'm not sure that terrier size dogs have the bite of the bigger dogs. Regarding the nasties, is a spell in the freezer as good as boiling?
Any info will be great.

Mince the whole rabbit, apart from the skin and guts. Great for the dogs. Did a batch last week, 23 rabbits =44lbs of mince. 3 weeks in the freezer and their happy pooches.

Haven't yet found a rabbit recipe that floats my boat but If I'm mincing I'm chucking in some belly pork and making sausages :)

i just cut the meat off the bone and give it to my two dogs raw and fresh there love it good for them too :thumbs:

I find that boiling and taking the meat off is quicker than cutting off the raw meat and there's no wastage. Unless I'm mincing and then I leave plenty on the bone for quickness and then boil the bones.

What I really want to know is if anyone with small dogs give it bones an all. I know the bones go brittle after cooking but can a small dog handle them in the raw?

Does your mincer do the bones aswell wideboy?

Yes, I cut the front and back legs off the main body, then hit the back bone with the blunt end of a hatchet, it just flattens quite easy, then the whole lot into a mincer.

Wow! Is that an industrial mincer? I don't think mine would handle the bones. Then again they're meant to be soft in the raw.

Does your mincer do the bones aswell wideboy?

Yes, I cut the front and back legs off the main body, then hit the back bone with the blunt end of a hatchet, it just flattens quite easy, then the whole lot into a mincer.

Wow! Is that an industrial mincer? I don't think mine would handle the bones. Then again they're meant to be soft in the raw.

Just this one, nothing fancy

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Andrew-James-Electric-Vegetable-Attachment/dp/B0063CF80G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1453673578&sr=8-1&keywords=andrew+james+1800+meat+grinder

Mine doesn't look as robust as yours but the destructions say 2000w. It also says don't do bones but it's gonna say that anyway. I might just try some front legs :)

Just found mine. Doesn't look as strong as yours but I'll give it a go.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ELECTRIC-MINCER-GRINDER-STAINLESS-SAUSAGE/dp/B016391MB2/ref=pd_cp_79_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=0KQJSJ7WCFGWWVXK0NAX

Edited by toxo

I'm made up!

My mincer chewed it all up. Haven't done the bigger leg bones yet but I will after I bash em. Even the saddle! My huge double handed cleaver split it down the middle and then bashed it a bit and in it went :)

Thanks guys, especially wideboy. This is going to take loadsa time off my processing.

• Like 1