Chunky Micarta Tube Sps, Scratch That, Sapele Sps With Cord Tabs...

So I tried my hand at making some camo micarta which for a first time went well. Then I fancied a bit of coloured perspex to mix it up a bit... It all went together quite well although I had a lot of finishing to do due to the thickness. post-45598-0-22817500-1453601614_thumb.jpgpost-45598-0-23573900-1453601633_thumb.jpg Then I got the bright idea to try to bore out the band holes one more increment only this time I`d already cut the quick fit band slits in the ali tube :nono: Needless to say it f****d it. post-45598-0-09072700-1453601931_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

They are just loops. Cut two bits the same size, then melt both ends (of one piece) to stick them together and roll the whole thing between a wet finger and thumb. Then pass through the eye and back through itself. Then repeat for the other side.

camo micarta looks well

Yeah, its not hard to do. Fabric or paper and some poly resin. I think you`d get better results the more textured the fabric. I think a hessian type material would look good.

seen some being made on youtube with black jeans an green army bag

I used british army gear, the green camo and the sand camo and also a cheap dark green polo t-shirt. The texture of the polo shirt was nice, kinda like a green carbon effect.

• Like 1