Recycled Greenhouse Ideas???

Why not make a poly tunnel

Yup. Shitload of blue water pipe to form your arches. plug them onto some hammered in metal stakes ( cut down road spikes) A bit of ridge support then your ready for your clear poly (available from most building sites) Just cover, pull taught and bury the ends in a trench. Bit of timber each end to make a roll up door.

I refurbed a 8 x10 greenhouse and it wasnt cheap by the time you bought it, dismantled it then had to buy replacement glass,seals and clips ect. If it wasnt on tarmac I would have wombled a poly tunnel.

• Like 1

Thank you bobcullen79 Le Salvager looks like he has got the right idea! And yes to buy it dismantle it and then buy replacement panels and glass and clips is expensive, by the time thats done you might as well buy one new!

A polytunnel might well be cheaper to make and easier.

I shall keep you updated on the progress.

;)

Thank you bobcullen79 Le Salvager looks like he has got the right idea! And yes to buy it dismantle it and then buy replacement panels and glass and clips is expensive, by the time thats done you might as well buy one new!

A polytunnel might well be cheaper to make and easier.

I shall keep you updated on the progress.

;)

if you know of any dairy farms local a lot of them are using a clear plastic sheet on there silage pits these days under there black sheets I know when I was working on them we just used too cut the clear plastic sheets up always rolled the black sheets too reuse but just used too scrap the clear plastic stuff might be worth an ask of any local farmers might get some material for nothing