Lamping With Red Fillters

Another reason i started using filters back in the day was that they aint as obvious as white when scanning hot spots. It simply doesn't cast as far and i'd rather only use the white to run stuff.

Red coloured light can be seen from the furthest away by the human eye , this is why traffic lights and other warning lights are red ...

I've always prefered a blue filter when out lamping and when using one I never take it off

• Like 2

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No need for filter when hangin out motor window they dont get far lol

Never I've tried every colour you can get and bloddy hate them I could never get used too them

Always use one round my if i lamped without one wouldnt get close enough for a run very lamp shy. blitz lamp ive adaped the lamp so filter flips up and down over wise used to take ages cliping on and

Always use one round my if i lamped without one wouldnt get close enough for a run very lamp shy. blitz lamp ive adaped the lamp so filter flips up and down over wise used to take ages cliping on and off

I'd like to see a picture of that too. Takes way to long to take it off for my liking!

ik try up load a pik i took the ball joint hinge of my cluson lazerlite lamp and glued to my blitz and works exactly the same

Another reason i started using filters back in the day was that they aint as obvious as white when scanning hot spots. It simply doesn't cast as far and i'd rather only use the white to run stuff.

Red coloured light can be seen from the furthest away by the human eye , this is why traffic lights and other warning lights are red ...

I've always prefered a blue filter when out lamping and when using one I never take it off

the actual beam people are talking about. And I doubt you would pick out a red reflector over a white one mate, for a start the lumen power is a lot less.

Also I thought the army used red because it's the light that is seen the least.

Iv lamped with a 140 50w with dimmer and done worse with that lamp than any other lamp Iv used. I got a lamp now that's probably 7 times brighter and I do much better. Problem most people got is leaving the lamp on too long. Quick scan off, 20 yards or so, quick scan off. Etc

true with leaving the lamp on to long :yes:

the actual beam people are talking about. And I doubt you would pick out a red reflector over a white one mate, for a start the lumen power is a lot less.

Nope red is the easiest to see .. Its all to do with wavelengths of the colours , I'm sure reds used by the army cause it doesn't mess up your night vision up the same

I never go out lamping with out a filter on my tracer 210 use either red or amber filter in slip the dog and still leave the filter on when dog is coursing. Filter gives you that few extra yards on game when lamping an area that is lamp shy just have to keep swaping filters because they soon catch on knowing the filter beam is danger

Nope red is the easiest to see .. Its all to do with wavelengths of the colours , I'm sure reds used by the army cause it doesn't mess up your night vision up the same

Your probs dead right Chid but to my eyes the red 'looks' dimmer (either behind the lamp or lookin at it from a couple of fields away) so i'm gonna stick to my filters. Makes me feel like i'm in stealth mode, lol.. ;)

I don't think they use a white light for a traffic light as they may get mistaken for a headlight. Reds been excepted as a stop light colour so they would have obviously picked the same for traffic lights .

Strange they never use red for headlights if they are better.

You definitely can't see red better than white.

• Like 1

Red is a colour that is associated with danger/warning so you take notice of it,its no brighter or dimmer than white._._.Obviously any colour filter will reduce the distance of a beam on the lamp, the darker the colour the dimmer the beam

• Like 1

I don't think they use a white light for a traffic light as they may get mistaken for a headlight. Reds been excepted as a stop light colour so they would have obviously picked the same for traffic lights .

Strange they never use red for headlights if they are better.

You definitely can't see red better than white.

Red isn't better as a light source , but red light is more distinguishable than white light at distance .. And btw traffic lights came before brake lights ...

Red light is at the one extreme of the visable spectrum violet being the other anything above or below those are invisible to the human eye.

Anything towards the centre of the spectrum is more visible .

Yellows are the most visible as a colour white light (or what we perceive as white light ) is made up of all the spectrum and most visible hence noticeable than all the rest.....(last week's home work for my teenage daughter)

Red light is at the one extreme of the visable spectrum violet being the other anything above or below those are invisible to the human eye.

Anything towards the centre of the spectrum is more visible .

Yellows are the most visible as a colour white light (or what we perceive as white light ) is made up of all the spectrum and most visible hence noticeable than all the rest.....(last week's home work for my teenage daughter)

Yes but not at distance :laugh: